Review: could Phentermine cause Vaginal bleeding between periods?
Summary: Vaginal bleeding between periods is found among people who take Phentermine, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ortho evra, and have Birth control.
We study 10,970 people who have side effects while taking Phentermine from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Vaginal bleeding between periods. Find out below who they are, when they have Vaginal bleeding between periods and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phentermine and have Vaginal bleeding between periods >>>
Phentermine has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in weight loss. (latest outcomes from Phentermine 13,016 users)
Vaginal bleeding between periods
Vaginal bleeding between periods has been reported by people with birth control, menorrhagia, depression, endometriosis, menstruation irregular.(latest reports from Vaginal bleeding between periods 13,898 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 10,970 people reported to have side effects when taking Phentermine. Among them, 11 people (0.10%) have Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods.
Time on Phentermine when people have Vaginal bleeding between periods * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||60.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vaginal bleeding between periods when taking Phentermine * :
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vaginal bleeding between periods when taking Phentermine * :
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||45.45%||45.45%||9.09%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Vaginal bleeding between periods when taking Phentermine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||40.00%||40.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vaginal bleeding between periods ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (3 people, 27.27%)
- Weight loss (3 people, 27.27%)
- Depression (2 people, 18.18%)
- Pcos (1 people, 9.09%)
- Birth control (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ortho evra (5 people, 45.45%)
- Allegra (2 people, 18.18%)
- Depo-provera (1 people, 9.09%)
- Nuvaring (1 people, 9.09%)
- Fluoxetine (1 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods while taking Phentermine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phentermine and have Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- support group for people who take Phentermine
- support group for people who have Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Phentermine, Vaginal bleeding between periods
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Taking phentermine likely caused our baby to have anencephaly.
I used Phentermine for a few months prior to my wedding in December 2013. I ceased taking the phentermine in December 2013 after my honeymoon. In January 2014 my husband and I conceived a baby boy. This was our first child together and we and our families and friends were elated with excitement. At 9 months I had my first ultrasound where you can clearly see our baby's skull was not closed. The on/gyne who took the ultrasound did not diagnose the anencephaly or alert us, instead he referred us to the maternal fetal department at our local hospital. A month later I had another ultrasound performed at the maternal fetal department and was immediately informed and shown that our baby has anencephaly and an abortion was required. The only medication I took prior to pregnancy was phentermine prescribed by my primary care provider. I believe the phentermine is chemically composed similar to Adderral and should have the same warnings. I also believe phentermine causes a mother to be anemic and unable to provide a baby en utero the necessary nutrition for healthy growth. Had I been informed of the risk, I would never have taken this medication. Our baby died at 14 weeks after we were forced through the anguish and torturous of a late term abortion which is against our beliefs. I am now pregnant again, this time with a healthy baby.
- Trigeminal neuralgia after use of phentermine (2 responses)
I am insulin resistant, unable to lose weight w/diet and exercise. Started us of Phentermine for about 6 days and had increasing symptoms of abscess tooth. Went to dentist, was not a tooth, he thought it was a sinus infection. Antibiotics did not work. My PCP gave me more antibiotics. Did not work. Went to ENT- scoped sinus. It was not my sinuses. Told to take different antibiotics if pain came back. IT DID! Took those, went back to dr- Worse still. Dx with TMJ, given muscle relaxers. That did not work. Pain continued intense. Unable to chew, wear glasses, move my hair, sleep on that side of head. Dx w/Trigeminal Neuralgia. This started with the Phentermine. I want to know if anyone else has suffered this?!
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so paragard was the only BC choice for me it caused me alot of bleeding issues I went 3monyhs on one straight period. So my Dr put me on norethindrone acet. To stop periods all together which caused all of my issues above to subside, apparently my hormones where the cause of my issues. I love the paragard an norethindrone combination!!!!
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
More reviews for: Phentermine, Vaginal bleeding between periods
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- I have been on Phentermine for 24 days. I have noticed, in the past few days, that I have bad slurred speech. Trouble pronouncing words, that are easy. I usually am very well spoken. I am a professional and manage my own business. I am on the phone, a lot and dealing face to face, with clients. I wa ...
- I spot 10 days before period all the way up to when my period starts the bleeding isn't profusely just random light spotting I may have cramps here and there nothing severe my period does last 7 days. I do have daily headaches some so bad I'm nauseas and become very sensitive to light my headaches g ...
- i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- I have had these symptoms when I have gone 3-4 days off of the phentermine. I have had other symptoms when I forgot to take my venlafaxine but those are surely from not taking them because after taking them I feel those symptoms dissappear shortly thereafter.
More related studies for: Phentermine, Vaginal bleeding between periods
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.