Home > Phenytoin > Narcotic abuse > Phenytoin and Narcotic abuse
Review: could Phenytoin cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Phenytoin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Pain.
We study 10,957 people who have side effects while taking Phenytoin from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phenytoin and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Phenytoin (latest outcomes from 11,103 users) has active ingredients of phenytoin. It is often used in epilepsy.
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) (latest reports from 10,555 patients) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 10,957 people reported to have side effects when taking Phenytoin. Among them, 26 people (0.24%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Phenytoin when people have Narcotic abuse * :
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Phenytoin * :
|Narcotic abuse||38.46%||61.54% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Phenytoin * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||4.00%||16.00%||28.00%||8.00%||8.00%||36.00% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Phenytoin ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 19.23%)
- Metastases to spine (4 people, 15.38%)
- Metastatic renal cell carcinoma (4 people, 15.38%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 11.54%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (5 people, 19.23%)
- Omeprazole (5 people, 19.23%)
- Amlodipine (5 people, 19.23%)
- Digesan (4 people, 15.38%)
- Clonidine (4 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Phenytoin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phenytoin and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Phenytoin
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Heroin Abuse)
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- Is taking 1.5 or 2 mg lorazepam while on suboxone dangerous, suboxone is being used for opaite dependence and pain and lorazepam is used for anxiety
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Narcotic Abuse, and takes Lorazepam)
I am taking about 20 to 22 MG of suboxone a day but I also take 2 mg of Lorazepam a day for anxiety, is it dangerous to do so. I do not exceed the doses mentioned at all.
- Can i take my lisinopril 10mg with my suboxone 8mg
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Narcotic Abuse, and takes Lisinopril, Suboxone)
I fell from a two story roof in 2010 and messed my back and knees up pretty bad. I was fine at first but after my dr at the time lost both of his feet to diabetes I was stuck looking for a new dr, I thought I found one but instead I found satan in a dr's smock. He took me from 90 oxycodone 15mg ta ...
- Does dilatin and topomax cause bad breath and b.o
(Asked by a 36 year old man who has Bad Breath, Sweating Increased, and takes Dilantin-125, Topamax)
I take very good care of hygeine but still notice bad breath and excessive sweating with bad smell
- What if any are the interaction side effects of celexa, amytriptyline, and dilantin?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Sleeplessness, Depression, Seizures, and takes Celexa, Dilantin-30, Elavil)
I am being treated by a LPN due to financial hardship, and I have heard that the office is notorious for giving drugs that have caused negative effects in patients. The Dilantin is for my seizures, the celexa is for my depression and the Elavil is for my sleeplessness. I just want to know of any n ...
More questions for: Phenytoin, Narcotic abuse
More reviews for: Phenytoin, Narcotic abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Warfarin Sodium, Atenolol, Levetiracetam In Sodium Chloride, Phenytoin for a patient with Hyperlipidemia, Type 2 Diabetes, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Hypertension, Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The patient has Poor Balance, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Back Pain - Low
Comments: Three months status post craniotomy for clot evacuation and subsequent refractory seizures and deep vein thrombosis. History of laminectomy and fusion 30 years ago of L4-5-S1. Symptoms of leg weakness increasing in the last few days.
- A study of side effects of Phenytoin for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has
Comments: Extreme confusion.
Severely impaired spatial memory. Forgetting how to spell common words.
Shortened temper > used to be most laid back person in the room.
Conversation: my entire life people from many parts of the country where I
resided, have all made the same exact comment. ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol for a patient with Addiction. The patient has Heroin Abuse
Comments: Was addicted to opiates from 1980 through 1993, with 3 prison sentences and 4 parole violation upon release from the 3 sentences, for a total of 7 Illinois Department of Corrections incarcerations. I absolutely could not control the use of heroin, it ruined my life, it shattered my family, I lost ev ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Risperdal for a patient with ADHD, Childhood Psychosis. The patient has Ptsd, Grand Mal Seizure, Drug Abuse, Physical Abuse, Abandonment, Sexual Abuse, Night Terror, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conversion Disorder
Comments: Child was removed from her home of 13 years where child felt safe, loved, and maintained moderately well while on medications. Child has not been allowed to see her caregiver-grandmother of 13 yrs. Child was suddenly returned to drug addicted mother married to registered sex offender. Mother pimped ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal Xr, Dilantin-125 for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has
Comments: skin de-pimentation in leg creases and genital areas from testical to past anyl region. itchy no blisters.
noticed condition 3 years ago but could not afford dermatoligist.
just recived insurance.
More related studies for: Phenytoin, Narcotic abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.