Plan b and Ectopic pregnancy - from FDA reports
Ectopic pregnancy is found among people who take Plan b, especially for people who are 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levonorgestrel, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Ectopic pregnancy with Plan b. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,563 people who have side effects when taking Plan b from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 24, 2017
28,563 people reported to have side effects when taking Plan b.
Among them, 63 people (0.22%) have Ectopic pregnancy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Plan b when people have Ectopic pregnancy *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Ectopic pregnancy when taking Plan b *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.35 %
- 20-29: 56.52 %
- 30-39: 36.96 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 2.17 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Weight Loss (1 person, 1.59%)
- Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (1 person, 1.59%)
- Pregnancy On Contraceptive (1 person, 1.59%)
- Multiple Myeloma (1 person, 1.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levonorgestrel (2 people, 3.17%)
- Revlimid (1 person, 1.59%)
- Phentermine Hydrochloride (1 person, 1.59%)
- Lasix (1 person, 1.59%)
- Coumadin (1 person, 1.59%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vaginal Haemorrhage (18 people, 28.57%)
- Abdominal Pain (17 people, 26.98%)
- Drug Ineffective (16 people, 25.40%)
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy (15 people, 23.81%)
- Pelvic Pain (11 people, 17.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Ectopic pregnancy when taking Plan b?
- Check symptoms - is ectopic pregnancy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEctopic pregnancy and drugs with ingredients of levonorgestrel.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEctopic pregnancy and Plan b from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Plan b has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in emergency contraception. (latest outcomes from Plan b 28,759 users)
Ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy in which the foetus develops outside the uterus, typically in a fallopian tube) has been reported by people with birth control, multiple sclerosis, hiv infection, ovulation induction, crohn's disease (latest reports from 3,091 Ectopic pregnancy patients).
Browse all side effects of Plan ba b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Ectopic pregnancyEctopic pregnancy
Could your condition cause Ectopic pregnancyEctopic pregnancy
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I had sex and we found out the condom had broke a little too late. We went for a plan b pill and I took it right away. The next day I started feeling an extreme need to urinate but nothing really comes out. Also when I do urinate, it hurts. Is this normal.
I have been dealing with gallstones for some time now, but had my worst attack today. It lasted from 4AM until 10AM and then from 10AM until 4PM I still had the tremendous pain, just minus the other symptoms like sweating, etc. Yesterday around 6PM I took Plan B.. so aim wondering if they are ...
Hj I'm 20 years old; I took plan 3 months ago (july) I had some immediately side effects brest tenderness and spotting; after a month I started having nausea ; dizziness and heart palpitations several times in a day ; since I thought I was pregnant I took a pregnancy test which was negative ...