Review: could Plaquenil cause Anemia - iron deficiency (Iron deficiency anemia)?
Summary: Anemia - iron deficiency is reported only by a few people who take Plaquenil.
We study 14,744 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Anemia - iron deficiency and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Anemia - iron deficiency >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,554 Plaquenil users)
Anemia - iron deficiency
Anemia - iron deficiency has been reported by people with depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 96 Anemia - iron deficiency patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 14,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Anemia - Iron Deficiency.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Anemia - iron deficiency * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Anemia - iron deficiency||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Anemia - iron deficiency when taking Plaquenil * :
|Anemia - iron deficiency||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Anemia - iron deficiency when taking Plaquenil * :
|Anemia - iron deficiency||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Anemia - iron deficiency when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Anemia - iron deficiency||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Anemia - iron deficiency ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Anemia - iron deficiency||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Heart disease congenital (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lupus (1 people, 100.00%)
- Heart rate increased (1 people, 100.00%)
- Chronic depression (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lupus anticoagulants (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ramipril (1 people, 100.00%)
- Verapamil hydrochloride (1 people, 100.00%)
- Escitalopram (1 people, 100.00%)
- Jantoven (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anemia - Iron Deficiency while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Anemia - Iron Deficiency
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Anemia - Iron Deficiency
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Asacol, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Stelara for a 19-year old boy with Lupus-like Syndrome, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Acne Rosacea
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Lisinopril, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Zoloft for a 54-year old woman with Anxiety, Lupus Erythematosus, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Plaquenil, Leflunomide, Methotrexate for a 63-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Folliculitis
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Lopressor for a 55-year old woman who has Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.