Home > Plaquenil > Blindness > Plaquenil and Blindness
Review: could Plaquenil cause Blindness?
We study 14,693 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Blindness. Find out below who they are, when they have Blindness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Blindness >>>
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,500 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus.
Blindness (latest reports from 65,771 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, erection problems, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 14,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 45 people (0.31%) have Blindness.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Blindness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Blindness when taking Plaquenil * :
Age of people who have Blindness when taking Plaquenil * :
Severity of Blindness when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Blindness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Joint deposit (20 people, 44.44%)
- Spinal column stenosis (20 people, 44.44%)
- Calcinosis (18 people, 40.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 people, 15.56%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (7 people, 15.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (21 people, 46.67%)
- Concerta (20 people, 44.44%)
- Remeron (20 people, 44.44%)
- Lamictal (20 people, 44.44%)
- Vicodin (16 people, 35.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blindness while taking Plaquenil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Blindness
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Blindness
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- So does hydroxychloroquine cause celiac desease?
Been tested over the years for celiac and always negitive. Only had IBS. Took hydroxychloroquine for a year and it effected my vision. Then retested again for celiac because of authrits pain and now I'm positive for celiac.
- What causes it? and why is it so painful?
I can lift my arm out in front of me but not out to the side!! The diclofenac doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on benlysta?
More questions for: Plaquenil, Blindness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Plaquinil use shortness of breath
Approximately 4 months after starting Plaquenil, I observed I was experiencing SOB while lifting the patient I was caring for, also had severe muscle weakness. I had been out of the country for several weeks and thought I might have picked up something while in The Dominican. I was also losing wei ...
More reviews for: Plaquenil, Blindness
On eHealthMe, Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is often used for systemic lupus erythematosus. Find out below the conditions Plaquenil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Plaquenil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Plaquenil, Blindness
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Plaquenil, Blindness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (26 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (30 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (42 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (54 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Adrenal Medulla Hyperfunction
- Atrioventricular Conduction Time Shortened
- Essential Tremor