Home > Plaquenil > Blood pressure increased > Plaquenil and Blood pressure increased
Review: could Plaquenil cause Blood pressure increased (High blood pressure)?
We study 14,693 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 458 have Blood pressure increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Blood pressure increased >>>
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,500 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus.
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased (latest reports from 1,143,390 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 14,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 458 people (3.12%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||16.00%||32.00%||16.00%||0.00%||12.00%||12.00%||12.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Plaquenil * :
|Blood pressure increased||78.09%||21.91% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Plaquenil * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.25%||1.24%||6.97%||20.90%||32.34%||38.31% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||45.45%||36.36%||18.18% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (212 people, 46.29%)
- Osteoporosis (71 people, 15.50%)
- Hypertension (58 people, 12.66%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (57 people, 12.45%)
- Prophylaxis (34 people, 7.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (122 people, 26.64%)
- Methotrexate (120 people, 26.20%)
- Folic acid (120 people, 26.20%)
- Vioxx (87 people, 19.00%)
- Remicade (79 people, 17.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Pressure Increased while taking Plaquenil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Blood Pressure Increased
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Blood Pressure Increased
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Plaquenil, Blood pressure increased
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: Plaquenil, Blood pressure increased
On eHealthMe, Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is often used for systemic lupus erythematosus. Find out below the conditions Plaquenil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Plaquenil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Enbrel for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Fever, Thirst, Headache, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Monopril, Monopril, Levoxyl, Doxycycline, Hctz for a patient with Lichen Planus, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Prednisone for a patient with Autoimmune Disorder. The patient has Neuropathy, Chest Pain, Weakness, Hypertension, Malaise, Anorexia
More related studies for: Plaquenil, Blood pressure increased
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Plaquenil, Blood pressure increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (47 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- L Glutathione
- Bromfed Dm
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Tuberculosis Reactivated