Review: could Plaquenil cause Blood pressure increased (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 14,739 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 454 have Blood pressure increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Blood pressure increased >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from 15,548 Plaquenil users)
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,635 Blood pressure increased patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 14,739 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 454 people (3.08%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||17.39%||30.43%||17.39%||0.00%||13.04%||13.04%||8.70% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Plaquenil * :
|Blood pressure increased||78.11%||21.89% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Plaquenil * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.25%||1.25%||7.02%||21.05%||31.83%||38.60% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||16.67%||33.33%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (211 people, 46.48%)
- Osteoporosis (71 people, 15.64%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (57 people, 12.56%)
- Hypertension (57 people, 12.56%)
- Prophylaxis (34 people, 7.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (122 people, 26.87%)
- Methotrexate (119 people, 26.21%)
- Folic acid (119 people, 26.21%)
- Vioxx (87 people, 19.16%)
- Remicade (79 people, 17.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plaquenil and blood pressure increased on
Do you have Blood Pressure Increased while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Blood Pressure Increased
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Blood Pressure Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Rapaflo, Tribenzor for a 67-year old man with Acid Reflux, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Quercetin-3-rhamnoglucoside, Aspirin, Bystolic, Avodart for a 72-year old man with Bph, Heart Disease, Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 53-year old woman with Hair Loss, Iga Deficiency, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Don't Want To Socialize At All
- A study of side effects of Hiprex for a 92-year old woman with UTI - Recurrent. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Evista for a 56-year old woman with Osteoporosis Post-menopausal. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.