Review: could Plaquenil cause Eye twitch (Eyelid twitch)?
Summary: Eye twitch is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Didronel, and have Polyarthritis.
We study 14,744 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Eye twitch. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye twitch and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Eye twitch >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,552 Plaquenil users)
Eye twitch (eyelid twitching is spontaneous and uncontrolled spasms of the muscles) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 1,879 Eye twitch patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 14,739 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 8 people (0.05%) have Eye Twitch.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Eye twitch * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye twitch||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Eye twitch when taking Plaquenil * :
|Eye twitch||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Eye twitch when taking Plaquenil * :
|Eye twitch||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Eye twitch when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye twitch||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye twitch ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye twitch||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Polyarthritis (4 people, 50.00%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 50.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lupus (1 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Didronel (4 people, 50.00%)
- Fosamax (4 people, 50.00%)
- Hydroxychloroquine sulfate (4 people, 50.00%)
- Daypro (4 people, 50.00%)
- Tetracycline (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eye Twitch while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Eye Twitch
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Eye Twitch
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Bydureon for a 45-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Eye Twitch (eyelid twitching is spontaneous and uncontrolled spasms of the muscles)
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Plaquenil, Leflunomide, Methotrexate for a 63-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Folliculitis
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 53-year old woman with Hair Loss, Iga Deficiency, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Don't Want To Socialize At All
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.