Review: could Plaquenil cause Fatigue?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 2, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 14,633 people who take Plaquenil. Among them, 947 have Fatigue. See who they are, when they have Fatigue and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,409 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus. Commonly reported side effects of Plaquenil include nausea, nausea aggravated, fatigue, joint pain, pain.
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,516,866 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 24, 2014: 14,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 907 people (6.43%) have Fatigue.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Plaquenil * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Plaquenil * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (391 people, 43.11%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (133 people, 14.66%)
- Osteoporosis (133 people, 14.66%)
- Pain (55 people, 6.06%)
- Hypertension (54 people, 5.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (287 people, 31.64%)
- Prednisone (256 people, 28.22%)
- Enbrel (240 people, 26.46%)
- Folic acid (185 people, 20.40%)
- Aspirin (119 people, 13.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Plaquenil, Fatigue
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Plaquenil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Plaquenil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Plaquenil side effects from A to Z:
Browse Plaquenil drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Steady decline for four years, but extreme decline over two months leading me in to hospital
From this study (5 months ago):
Overall malaise, especially after certain foods, over exertion and sun exposure.
From this study (5 months ago):
My eldest son passed away three months ago, my mother passed away two years ago, but I was depressed and feeling unwell even before these events occured. I have been in talk therapy counseling for over two years.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
- What is the best medication for pcos with low bp
I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15. I was put on glucaphage and birth control to help maintain my periods. Within 3 years I stopped having a period all together. In february 2006, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and that May it was removed (benign). For 6 years no period, then in August I fo ...
- Can curcumin c3 complex cause very dry mouth?
I have been takingall the above drugs since being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in 1998-99. The only variation is prednisone which I take only when I have a flare. Itook my first Curcumin C3 Complex capsule 3 days ago. 500mg. I decided to start with one a day for awhile. After a few hours I had the dry ...
More questions for: Plaquenil, Fatigue
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Plaquinil use shortness of breath
Approximately 4 months after starting Plaquenil, I observed I was experiencing SOB while lifting the patient I was caring for, also had severe muscle weakness. I had been out of the country for several weeks and thought I might have picked up something while in The Dominican. I was also losing wei ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Plaquenil, Fatigue
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Plaquenil, Percocet, Phenergan, Testosterone, Synthroid, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Hydrocortisone Acetate, Prozac, Klonopin, Stavzor, Nadolol, Fentanyl-25, Percocet for a patient with Insomnia, Lupus, Severe Pain For Lupus And Ra, Vomiting Projectile, Shots Bi-weekly For Low T, Low Thyroid, Ace Levels, Adrenal Mass, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Migraine, Chronic Pain, Pain. The patient has Lethargy (Fatigue), Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Lack Of Satiety, Salt Craving, Dizzy And Faint, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Ace Levels, Blood Cortisol Abnormal, Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Weight Loss, Fatigue, Loss Of Libido, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Energy Increased, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Plaquenil for a patient with Depressed Mood, Palindromic Rheumatism. The patient has Depressed Mood, Tiredness (Fatigue), Tic - Facial (Facial tics), Pain - Joints (Joint pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Folic Acid, Plaquenil for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. The patient has Depression Aggravated, Fatigue, Thoracic Root Pain, Hip Pain, Clicking And Popping Of Knuckles, Sacrum Area Pain And Stifness, Wrists And Knuckles Stiff And Sore, Pain - Joints (Joint pain)
More related studies for: Plaquenil, Fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.