Home > Plaquenil > Heart palpitations > Plaquenil and Heart palpitations
Review: could Plaquenil cause Heart palpitations?
We study 14,693 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 176 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Heart palpitations >>>
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,500 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus.
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 315,935 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 14,683 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 176 people (1.20%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||25.00%||33.33%||0.00%||8.33%||8.33%||8.33%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Plaquenil * :
|Heart palpitations||85.56%||14.44% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Plaquenil * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.60%||1.79%||11.31%||23.81%||29.17%||33.33% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||25.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (52 people, 29.55%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (27 people, 15.34%)
- Osteoporosis (26 people, 14.77%)
- Fibromyalgia (17 people, 9.66%)
- Asthma (16 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (52 people, 29.55%)
- Folic acid (39 people, 22.16%)
- Methotrexate (30 people, 17.05%)
- Vitamin d (27 people, 15.34%)
- Humira (20 people, 11.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Plaquenil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
Pacemaker due to 3 rd degree AV Block
Intraocular lenses due to cataracts
Celiac disease use gluten free diet
From this study (5 years ago):
Having Lupus and going through perimenopause is one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with. If there's an answer I'd love to hear it
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Plaquenil, Heart palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Plaquenil, Heart palpitations
On eHealthMe, Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Plaquenil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Plaquenil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Effexor, Glipizide, Suboxone, Ritalin for a 62-year old man who has Depression, Diabetes, Addiction, ADD (10 minutes ago)
- Albuterol, Singulair, Prilosec, Clonidine, Florinef for a 16-year old boy who has Asthma, Stuffy Nose, Acid Reflux, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (1 hour ago)
- Qsymia for a 35-year old woman who has Obesity (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Epilepsy and Hives
- Phentermine and Synthroid
- Hypothyroidism and Metoprolol Tartrate
- Chest Tightness Or Pressure and Tramadol
Recent user comments
- "Exposure to tempratures below 60 F causes itching and ... " (11 minutes ago)
- "itching around vagina and rectum, right ovary pain,cr ... " (3 hours ago)
- "If dose missed one day or two... got extreme dizzines ... " (4 hours ago)