Review: could Plaquenil cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 14,750 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 257 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Insomnia >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,559 Plaquenil users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 144,028 Insomnia patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 14,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 280 people (1.90%) have Insomnia.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Plaquenil * :
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Plaquenil * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (79 people, 28.21%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (40 people, 14.29%)
- Osteoporosis (36 people, 12.86%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (23 people, 8.21%)
- Depression (20 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (59 people, 21.07%)
- Methotrexate (59 people, 21.07%)
- Celebrex (43 people, 15.36%)
- Folic acid (42 people, 15.00%)
- Neurontin (36 people, 12.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plaquenil and insomnia on
Do you have Insomnia while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a 38-year old woman with Ih. The patient has Intranasal Numbness, Tiredness, Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath, Kidney Palpable, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Keppra for a 19-year old boy with Sleep Disorder, Hyperactivity, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperactivity, Erythromelalgia
- A study of side effects of Prilosec Otc for a 51-year old woman with Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated, Nausea, Weight Gain, Excessive Hunger
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Lopressor for a 55-year old woman who has Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.