Review: could Plaquenil cause Muscle cramp (Muscle cramps)?
Summary: Muscle cramp is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Forteo, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 14,744 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Muscle cramp. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramp and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Muscle cramp >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,556 Plaquenil users)
Muscle cramp (painful sensation caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,622 Muscle cramp patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 14,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 32 people (0.22%) have Muscle Cramp.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Muscle cramp * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Plaquenil * :
|Muscle cramp||77.14%||22.86% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Plaquenil * :
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||32.26%||22.58%||45.16% |
Severity of Muscle cramp when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramp ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 34.38%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 15.62%)
- Sle arthritis (2 people, 6.25%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 6.25%)
- Arthralgia (1 people, 3.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Forteo (13 people, 40.62%)
- Neurontin (11 people, 34.38%)
- Hyzaar (10 people, 31.25%)
- Vioxx (8 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (6 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramp while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Muscle Cramp
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramp
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Restasis, Soma, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Levothroid, Naproxen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Double Vision, Muscle And Nerve Problems, Systemic, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Nerve And Muscle Problem. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Sjogren Syndrome, Enlarged Lymph Nodes, Adrenal Neoplasm, Cortisol Level, Nerve Problems, Muscle Cramps
- A study of drug interactions between Atelvia, Remicade, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Synthroid, Escitalopram, Meclizine, Potassium Chloride, Sulfadiazine, Folic Acid, Omeprazole, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Osteonecrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hot Flashes, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Low Thyroid, Anxiety, Vertigo. The patient has Hair Loss, Tmj Disorders, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a 62-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Feeling Cold, Sleepy, Muscle Cramp, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 57-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Sinus Infection, Cramps - Muscle, Nausea, Runny Nose, Hot Flashes, Bronchitis Acute, Low Back Pain
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Lopressor for a 55-year old woman who has Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.