Review: could Plaquenil cause Myalgia (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Myalgia is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 14,744 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 233 have Myalgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Myalgia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Myalgia >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,552 Plaquenil users)
Myalgia (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,540 Myalgia patients)
On Mar, 21, 2015: 14,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 233 people (1.58%) have Myalgia.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Myalgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Myalgia when taking Plaquenil * :
Age of people who have Myalgia when taking Plaquenil * :
Severity of Myalgia when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Myalgia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (69 people, 29.61%)
- Osteoporosis (24 people, 10.30%)
- Hypertension (24 people, 10.30%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (21 people, 9.01%)
- Prophylaxis (21 people, 9.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (57 people, 24.46%)
- Lasix (44 people, 18.88%)
- Prednisone (44 people, 18.88%)
- Folic acid (38 people, 16.31%)
- Aspirin (33 people, 14.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myalgia while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Myalgia
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Myalgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Iron Dextran, Vitamin D, Gabapentin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old woman with Iron Deficiency Anemia, Vitamin D Decreased, Fibromyalgia, Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has Myalgia
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Pulmicort Flexhaler, Proair Hfa, Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Asthma, Birth Control. The patient has Nipple Pain, Insomnia, Thirst, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Confusion, Muscle Aches, Headache, Dizziness, Nosebleed, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Asacol, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Stelara for a 19-year old boy with Lupus-like Syndrome, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Acne Rosacea
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Lopressor for a 55-year old woman who has Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.