Home > Plaquenil > Nausea and vomiting > Plaquenil and Nausea and vomiting
Review: could Plaquenil cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 14,706 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 476 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,510 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting (latest reports from 1,069,619 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 14,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 476 people (3.24%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||45.00%||15.00%||0.00%||5.00%||25.00%||0.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Plaquenil * :
|Nausea and vomiting||88.66%||11.34% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Plaquenil * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||0.00%||1.50%||4.99%||13.22%||23.69%||29.68%||26.93% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (170 people, 35.71%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (53 people, 11.13%)
- Osteoporosis (42 people, 8.82%)
- Pain (24 people, 5.04%)
- Depression (22 people, 4.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (160 people, 33.61%)
- Prednisone (125 people, 26.26%)
- Folic acid (98 people, 20.59%)
- Nexium (74 people, 15.55%)
- Enbrel (70 people, 14.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
(Asked by a 29 year old man who has Vomiting, and takes Morphine)
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is ma ...
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hypothyroidism, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and takes Nabumetone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, and takes Phenergan)
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- So does hydroxychloroquine cause celiac desease?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Been Tested Twice For Celiac And Was Always Negitive. Started Hydroxychloroquine And Was Removed Due To Blurring Vision. Tested Again For Celiac And Supposedly It's Now Positive And Causing My Authrit, and takes Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate)
Been tested over the years for celiac and always negitive. Only had IBS. Took hydroxychloroquine for a year and it effected my vision. Then retested again for celiac because of authrits pain and now I'm positive for celiac.
- What causes it? and why is it so painful?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Lupus, Shoulder Pain, and takes Plaquenil, Diclofenac Potassium)
I can lift my arm out in front of me but not out to the side!! The diclofenac doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on benlysta?
More questions for: Plaquenil, Nausea and vomiting
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, and takes Savella)
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Stomach Upset, Smell - Impaired, and takes Farxiga)
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Nausea And Vomiting, Loose Stools, Stomach Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Plaquenil, Nausea and vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Adderall, Xanax, Luvox, Effexor for a patient with Autoimmune Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Dactylitis
Comments: Aches all over
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Depression Postpartum (excl Psychosis). The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Comments: Food makes me feel worse, nothing sounds good, feels like I'm going to throw up all day and diarrhea.
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Plaquenil, Cymbalta, Vyvanse, Xyrem for a patient with Skin Infection, Birth Control, Connective Tissue Disorder, Ocd, Adhd, Hypersomnia. The patient has Hyperandrogenism
Comments: Very sudden onset - 1-2 days. Massive reduction in breast size (ddd to b cup), severe brain fog, oily skin, missed periods. Effects gradually lessened over 8 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Hypercoagulable States. The patient has Itching, Upset Stomach, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: bilateral pulmonary embolism indicated hypercoaguable state. warfarin therapy will be life long
More related studies for: Plaquenil, Nausea and vomiting
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.