Review: could Plaquenil cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fosamax, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 14,750 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 74 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Nose bleeds >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,559 Plaquenil users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,997 Nose bleeds patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 14,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 74 people (0.50%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Plaquenil * :
|Nose bleeds||77.33%||22.67% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Plaquenil * :
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||4.55%||9.09%||4.55%||24.24%||33.33%||24.24% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (20 people, 27.03%)
- Mouth ulceration (14 people, 18.92%)
- Skin ulcer (14 people, 18.92%)
- Arthritis (5 people, 6.76%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 6.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (21 people, 28.38%)
- Nexium (19 people, 25.68%)
- Aredia (18 people, 24.32%)
- Zometa (18 people, 24.32%)
- Methotrexate (16 people, 21.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Fioricet for a 32-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Nose Bleed
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Sudafed 12 Hour, Allegra, Singulair, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 52-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Zoloft, Gabapentin, Indomethacin, Morphine, Plaquenil, Arava for a 34-year old woman with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Depression, Nerve Injury, Inflammation, Back Injury, Lupus.
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Lopressor for a 55-year old woman who has Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.