Review: could Plaquenil cause Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia )?
Summary: Platelet count decreased is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 14,750 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Platelet count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Platelet count decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Platelet count decreased >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,559 Plaquenil users)
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. (latest reports from 41,017 Platelet count decreased patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 14,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 78 people (0.53%) have Platelet Count Decreased.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Platelet count decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Platelet count decreased||50.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Plaquenil * :
|Platelet count decreased||82.28%||17.72% |
Age of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Plaquenil * :
|Platelet count decreased||0.00%||0.00%||1.69%||8.47%||15.25%||13.56%||16.95%||44.07% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (20 people, 25.64%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (8 people, 10.26%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (5 people, 6.41%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 5.13%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (23 people, 29.49%)
- Methotrexate (21 people, 26.92%)
- Folic acid (15 people, 19.23%)
- Arava (15 people, 19.23%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 11.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plaquenil and platelet count decreased on
Do you have Platelet Count Decreased while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Platelet Count Decreased
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Methotrexate, Lamictal for a 47-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Seizures. The patient has Broken Jaw
- A study of side effects of Plaquenil for a 58-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Atelvia, Remicade, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Synthroid, Escitalopram, Meclizine, Potassium Chloride, Sulfadiazine, Folic Acid, Omeprazole, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Osteonecrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hot Flashes, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Low Thyroid, Anxiety, Vertigo. The patient has Hair Loss, Tmj Disorders, Dry Mouth
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Lopressor for a 55-year old woman who has Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.