Plaquenil and Polyarthritis - from FDA reports
Polyarthritis is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Polyarthritis with Plaquenil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 31,504 people who have side effects when taking Plaquenil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
31,504 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil.
Among them, 47 people (0.15%) have Polyarthritis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Plaquenil when people have Polyarthritis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Gender of people who have Polyarthritis when taking Plaquenil *:
- female: 78.72 %
- male: 21.28 %
Age of people who have Polyarthritis when taking Plaquenil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.78 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 13.89 %
- 60+: 52.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 21.28%)
- Heart Transplant (4 people, 8.51%)
- Osteopenia (3 people, 6.38%)
- Indigestion (3 people, 6.38%)
- Ill-Defined Disorder (2 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (14 people, 29.79%)
- Enbrel (11 people, 23.40%)
- Fosamax (10 people, 21.28%)
- Humira (8 people, 17.02%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 12.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gastric Disorder (10 people, 21.28%)
- Fatigue (10 people, 21.28%)
- Breathing Difficulty (10 people, 21.28%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (9 people, 19.15%)
- Adverse Event (9 people, 19.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Polyarthritis when taking Plaquenil?
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 31,593 users)
Polyarthritis (arthritis which involves 5 or more joints simultaneously) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, osteopenia, high blood pressure (latest reports from 5,058 Polyarthritis patients).