Review: could Plaquenil cause Shaking palsy (Parkinson's disease)?
Summary: Shaking palsy is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Prednisone, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 14,744 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Shaking palsy. Find out below who they are, when they have Shaking palsy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Shaking palsy >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,554 Plaquenil users)
Shaking palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 24,118 Shaking palsy patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 14,739 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 19 people (0.13%) have Shaking Palsy.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Shaking palsy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shaking palsy when taking Plaquenil * :
|Shaking palsy||95.00%||5.00% |
Age of people who have Shaking palsy when taking Plaquenil * :
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||5.56%||83.33% |
Severity of Shaking palsy when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Shaking palsy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (9 people, 47.37%)
- Gastric disorder (8 people, 42.11%)
- Antidepressant therapy (8 people, 42.11%)
- Sleep disorder (8 people, 42.11%)
- Arthritis (8 people, 42.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (13 people, 68.42%)
- Vicodin (11 people, 57.89%)
- Prevacid (11 people, 57.89%)
- Slow-mag (8 people, 42.11%)
- Mellaril (8 people, 42.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shaking Palsy while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Shaking Palsy
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Shaking Palsy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Asacol, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Stelara for a 19-year old boy with Lupus-like Syndrome, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Acne Rosacea
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Lisinopril, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Zoloft for a 54-year old woman with Anxiety, Lupus Erythematosus, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Plaquenil, Leflunomide, Methotrexate for a 63-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Folliculitis
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.