Home > Plaquenil > Shaking palsy > Plaquenil and Shaking palsy
Review: could Plaquenil cause Shaking palsy (Parkinson's disease)?
Summary: Shaking palsy is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Prednisone, and have Anxiety.
We study 14,706 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Shaking palsy. Find out below who they are, when they have Shaking palsy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Shaking palsy >>>
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,510 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Shaking palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination) (latest reports from 23,016 patients) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 24, 2014: 14,706 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 19 people (0.13%) have Shaking Palsy.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Shaking palsy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shaking palsy when taking Plaquenil * :
|Shaking palsy||95.00%||5.00% |
Age of people who have Shaking palsy when taking Plaquenil * :
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||5.56%||83.33% |
Severity of Shaking palsy when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Shaking palsy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (9 people, 47.37%)
- Gastric disorder (8 people, 42.11%)
- Antidepressant therapy (8 people, 42.11%)
- Sleep disorder (8 people, 42.11%)
- Arthritis (8 people, 42.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (13 people, 68.42%)
- Vicodin (11 people, 57.89%)
- Prevacid (11 people, 57.89%)
- Slow-mag (8 people, 42.11%)
- Mellaril (8 people, 42.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shaking Palsy while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Shaking Palsy
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Shaking Palsy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Has anyone with parkinson's tried stem cell therapy?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
I would like to supplement the azilect I take with natural products that will hopefully keep my symptoms stable at least for as long as possible. I'm also very interested in finding out more about the benefit of stem cell therapy.
- My husband has been diagnosed with early onset parkinsons at 45. vomiting in the early morning has always been a symptom long before they put him on medications. any ideas? it is not acid reflux.
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Vomiting , Parkinson's Disease)
Anxiety and acid reflux have been ruled out. He does not have high blood pressure.
- Can a person with parkinson's take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Garcinia Cambogia)
looking to lose some wait around my stomach area to releave my lower back pain. i wantedto try garcinia cambogia but since I have Parkinson's not sure if it's safe.
- How well does using both mirapex and neupro at the same timne work
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Mirapex)
Off of mirapex because of sexual thoughts, but Neupro does not work nearly as well (at 8 mg/day). I'm curious about using a much lower dose of Mirapex along with Neupro.
More questions for: Plaquenil, Shaking palsy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Plaquinil use shortness of breath
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Plaquenil)
Approximately 4 months after starting Plaquenil, I observed I was experiencing SOB while lifting the patient I was caring for, also had severe muscle weakness. I had been out of the country for several weeks and thought I might have picked up something while in The Dominican. I was also losing wei ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Plaquenil, Shaking palsy
- A study of side effects of Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Aortic Aneurysm Rupture (enlarged aortic artery rapture caused by a weakening of the artery wall)
Comments: upset stomach. extreme weight loss, 50 pounds in 4 months. muscle weakness, confusion, unsteady gait. stomach pain, anemic, need of blood transfusion, dry mouth, extreme tiredness, unable to eat or drink.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Plaquenil for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Palindromic Rheumatism. The patient has Fatigue, Fluid In Left Arm And Right Knee, Joint Pain
Comments: have had a swollen arm now for 10 months. Measures 7 cm more than right arm. Now swelling is also in forearm. Have had lymp test for blockages. No blockages found. Now starting to get same symptoms in right knee. have been diagnosed with palandromic rheumatoid for 2 years now. Positive RF 82 IU/ml. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Synthroid, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: I find I can read something but have a difficult time relating what I have just read to another person. Although I understand what I have read, I just seem to have great difficulty putting it into words to relate
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a patient with Thyroidectomy. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination), Shortness Of Breath, Alcohol Interaction
Comments: If i have a glass of wine or alchol I have pain near chest bone and my system does not seem to process the alchol as well since having my thyroid removed and
being on synthroid. I was pulled over and charged with a dui after consuming
2 glasses of white wine and 2 glasses of water within almost ...
More related studies for: Plaquenil, Shaking palsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.