Review: could Plaquenil cause Sore throat?
Summary: Sore throat is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Systemic lupus erythematosus.
We study 14,739 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Sore throat. Find out below who they are, when they have Sore throat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Sore throat >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from 15,548 Plaquenil users)
Sore throat (pain or irritation of the throat) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, gastroesophageal reflux disease, generalized anxiety disorder. (latest reports from 3,423 Sore throat patients)
On Feb, 18, 2015: 14,739 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 8 people (0.05%) have Sore Throat.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Sore throat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sore throat||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sore throat when taking Plaquenil * :
|Sore throat||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sore throat when taking Plaquenil * :
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||25.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Sore throat when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sore throat||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sore throat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lupus (1 people, 12.50%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 12.50%)
- Pain management (1 people, 12.50%)
- Sjogren's syndrome (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (4 people, 50.00%)
- Methotrexate (2 people, 25.00%)
- Enbrel (1 people, 12.50%)
- Glucotrol xl (1 people, 12.50%)
- Toprol-xl (1 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sore Throat while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Sore Throat
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Sore Throat
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D, Ranitidine, Ondansetron, Tramadol, Anastrozole for a 32-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Heartburn, Nausea, Pain - Back, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Sore Throat, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Orencia for a 60-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Appendicitis Perforated
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 57-year old woman with Depression, Lupus. The patient has Vulvar Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin D, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Prednisone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Nadolol for a 81-year old woman with Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Polymyalgia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rash
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 44-year old woman with Familial Hypercholesterolemia. The patient has Throat - Sore (throat pain)
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.