Review: could Plaquenil cause Sore throat?
Summary: Sore throat is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Systemic lupus erythematosus.
We study 14,744 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Sore throat. Find out below who they are, when they have Sore throat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Sore throat >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,556 Plaquenil users)
Sore throat (pain or irritation of the throat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, asthma, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 3,426 Sore throat patients)
On Mar, 22, 2015: 14,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 8 people (0.05%) have Sore Throat.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Sore throat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sore throat||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sore throat when taking Plaquenil * :
|Sore throat||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sore throat when taking Plaquenil * :
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||25.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Sore throat when taking Plaquenil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sore throat||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sore throat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lupus (1 people, 12.50%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 12.50%)
- Pain management (1 people, 12.50%)
- Sjogren's syndrome (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (4 people, 50.00%)
- Methotrexate (2 people, 25.00%)
- Enbrel (1 people, 12.50%)
- Glucotrol xl (1 people, 12.50%)
- Toprol-xl (1 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plaquenil and sore throat on
Do you have Sore Throat while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Sore Throat
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Sore Throat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Asacol, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Stelara for a 19-year old boy with Lupus-like Syndrome, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Acne Rosacea
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Lisinopril, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Zoloft for a 54-year old woman with Anxiety, Lupus Erythematosus, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Plaquenil, Leflunomide, Methotrexate for a 63-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Folliculitis
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Lopressor for a 55-year old woman who has Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.