Review: could Plaquenil cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Plaquenil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Lyrica, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 14,744 people who have side effects while taking Plaquenil from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 15,552 Plaquenil users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 14,739 people reported to have side effects when taking Plaquenil. Among them, 20 people (0.14%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Plaquenil when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Plaquenil * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||94.74%||5.26% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Plaquenil * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||21.43%||7.14%||57.14%||14.29% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Plaquenil ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (9 people, 45.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 25.00%)
- Pain (4 people, 20.00%)
- Breakthrough pain (3 people, 15.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (3 people, 15.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (8 people, 40.00%)
- Cymbalta (7 people, 35.00%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 25.00%)
- Lortab (5 people, 25.00%)
- Nexium (4 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plaquenil and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Plaquenil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Plaquenil and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Plaquenil
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Plaquenil, Leflunomide, Methotrexate for a 63-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Folliculitis
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 53-year old woman with Hair Loss, Iga Deficiency, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Don't Want To Socialize At All
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Orencia for a 60-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Appendicitis Perforated
Recent Plaquenil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.