Review: could Plavix cause Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)?
Summary: Anxiety is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 67,533 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,784 have Anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plavix and have Anxiety >>>
Plavix has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent. (latest outcomes from 69,462 Plavix users)
Anxiety has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 212,791 Anxiety patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 67,527 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 2,836 people (4.20%) have Anxiety.
Time on Plavix when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Plavix * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (307 people, 10.83%)
- Pain (232 people, 8.18%)
- Depression (201 people, 7.09%)
- Anxiety (184 people, 6.49%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (149 people, 5.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,271 people, 44.82%)
- Lasix (1,063 people, 37.48%)
- Trasylol (1,025 people, 36.14%)
- Nitroglycerin (950 people, 33.50%)
- Lipitor (945 people, 33.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plavix and anxiety on
Do you have Anxiety while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Complera, Tapazole for a 55-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Indapamide for a 61-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Sweating Increased, Anxiety, Forgetfulness
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of side effects of Flecainide Acetate for a 54-year old woman with Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 39-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Recent Plavix related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.