Review: could Plavix cause Anxiety?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.8/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 64,295 people who take Plavix. Among them, 2,835 have Anxiety. See who they are, when they have Anxiety and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,319 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent, blood clots. Commonly reported side effects of Plavix include heart attack, weakness, breathing difficulty, chest pain, dyspnoea exacerbated.
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,279,935 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 64,295 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 2,835 people (4.41%) have Anxiety.
Time on Plavix when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Plavix * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (307 people, 10.83%)
- Pain (232 people, 8.18%)
- Depression (201 people, 7.09%)
- Anxiety (184 people, 6.49%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (149 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,270 people, 44.80%)
- Lasix (1,063 people, 37.50%)
- Trasylol (1,025 people, 36.16%)
- Nitroglycerin (950 people, 33.51%)
- Lipitor (945 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Plavix, Anxiety
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Plavix (clopidogrel bisulfate) is often used for stent. Find out below the conditions Plavix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Plavix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Plavix side effects from A to Z:
Browse Plavix drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
I have total hopelessness, terrible irritability, and anxiety with deep sadness. Could it be the Ambien...I have also had 2 heart attacks with pulmonary emb, diabetes includes with a lot of family stress...
From this study (6 months ago):
I have severe tingling in my fingers (carpal tunnel?)
I have stiffness in my fingers and knees
I have severe lower back problems
From this study (1 year ago):
I believe one of these drugs is causing my severe anxiety. My anxiety is the worst when I become tired.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Plavix, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
- Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Anxiety
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem Tartrate, Clonazepam, Metformin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate, Wellbutrin Sr, Plavix for a patient with Insomina, Anxiety And Stress, Insulin-requiring Type Ii Diabetes Mellitus, Hypothyroidism, Blood Pressure Decreased, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Irretibality, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Aspirin, Flomax, Plavix, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol for a patient with Depressive Symptom, Stroke, Prostatitis - Chronic, High Blood Cholesterol, Cholesterol Test, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Ibuprofen, Plavix, Aspirin for a patient with Pain Trauma Activated, Blood Thinner, Heart Disease. The patient has Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
More related studies for: Plavix, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.