Review: could Plavix cause Blood glucose increased?
Summary: Blood glucose increased is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes.
We study 67,527 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,726 have Blood glucose increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood glucose increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plavix and have Blood glucose increased >>>
Plavix has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 69,456 Plavix users)
Blood glucose increased
Blood glucose increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 65,117 Blood glucose increased patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 67,527 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 1,726 people (2.56%) have Blood Glucose Increased.
Time on Plavix when people have Blood glucose increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood glucose increased||54.35%||17.39%||17.39%||6.52%||2.17%||2.17%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Plavix * :
|Blood glucose increased||0.07%||0.00%||0.00%||0.14%||1.18%||6.44%||22.16%||70.01% |
Severity of Blood glucose increased when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood glucose increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (297 people, 17.21%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (209 people, 12.11%)
- Hypertension (183 people, 10.60%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (148 people, 8.57%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (98 people, 5.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (833 people, 48.26%)
- Lantus (408 people, 23.64%)
- Lipitor (390 people, 22.60%)
- Lisinopril (291 people, 16.86%)
- Lasix (271 people, 15.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plavix and blood glucose increased on
Do you have Blood Glucose Increased while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Blood Glucose Increased
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Blood Glucose Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 52-year old man with Surgical Vascular Shunt. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind), Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Lisinopril, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman with Arterial Stenosis, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Renal Failure, Pulse Pressure Decreased
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 56-year old man with Stent. The patient has Impotence (powerlessness)
Recent Plavix related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.