Review: could Plavix cause Blood in semen?
Summary: Blood in semen is reported only by a few people who take Plavix.
We study 67,504 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood in semen and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Blood in semen >>>
Plavix has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Plavix 69,430 users)
Blood in semen
Blood in semen has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, sleep disorder, weight loss, heart disease.(latest reports from Blood in semen 38 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 67,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Blood In Semen.
Time on Plavix when people have Blood in semen * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood in semen||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Blood in semen when taking Plavix * :
|Blood in semen||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Blood in semen when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood in semen||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood in semen ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood thinner (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood In Semen while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Blood In Semen
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Blood In Semen
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could have birth control pills caused a lacunar infraction?
i had a ct scan done 2 months ago and it showed up with chronic lacunar infractions. I was very surprised the day before i was having a hard time getting some words out, but it has cleared up completely. I had ekg, holter montire and the echogram that puts a camera down your throat and all came back fine.
After hearing about the strokes i stopped taking the birth control pills completely. I did develop high blood pressure when i was pregnant with my duaghter 6 years ago and have been on medication for it since. I was n hte birth control pills for close to 15 years
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appreciated.
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix (1 answer)
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
More questions for: Plavix, Blood in semen
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Blood thinners before a surgery procedure
Evidently my surgeon did not have me stop Plavix soon enough before surgery. Add to this, the blood thinners he used "during" surgery and three days later a blood vessel lets go inside my nose.
The blood/trip to the E.R/Nasal Packing and then the removal 7 days later were horrific. The nose kept dripping blood for two weeks. Surgeon seemed like he couldn't care less
I know Plavix keeps the heart going but at what price?
- Blood in semen for around three years
I am concerned regarding the fact that I have had blood in my semen for around 3 years now. I have had all the tests, ie, prostate biopsy, cystoscopy, CAT Scan but found nothing. Unfortunately it just never seems to really get any better. At present I have no pain but feel frustrated it never stops.
Any ideas would be good.I also had blood in my urine for a short time but that ceased around a year ago. This only lasted for around 6 weeks.
The bleeding did seem to start when I was prescribed with Lansoprazole for acid reflux. I am unsure if this was related but it does seem to get worse if I use this drug. The doctors tell me it is unconnected but I am unsure. To be honest it only gets slightly better when I don't use it.
Doctors tell me there is nothing that can be done to improve this condition but after around 3 years it is causing me depression and upsetting my sex life. It makes me feel really embarrassed plus having to constantly wash the bedding.
Any ideas to improve this problem would be good.
- Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Blood in semen
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I quit taking for 2 days and felt somewhat better but was afraid to stay off,I have tried effient but no change in fatigue.This is my second stent but I do not remember this much fatigue from the first one 7 years ago.
- My urethral meatus has been red/inflamed for 4 months. I have applied various creams such as KETOISDIN AND CLOTRIMAZOLE to no avail. At first the meatus was rather sensistive to the touch and at times caused discomfort while clothed.Now it's appearance is better the redness isn't so pronounced and t ...
- I switched from warfarin (which I have been on for several years without apparent side effects) to Xarelto a couple of months ago. During two instances of sex in the past month, blood has been observed in the semen on both occasions, a little more the second time. This has never happened before.
- Has surgery to reattach a retina while I was on Plavix Eye is slow to heal and is hemorrhaging Could Plavix be contributing to the problem. Spoke to the Dr. about it, said if he took me off of Plavix I would die of a heart attach, He did not consult a heart specialist in making this decision. Ple ...
- I also take adderall. I only take xanax infrequently but a couple of the incidents i had with blood in sperm were after i took adderall during the day and the xanax at night. I am not sure if all of the times the blood was in my sperm was after i took both.
More related studies for: Plavix, Blood in semen
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.