Review: could Plavix cause Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)?
Summary: Copd is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 67,504 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 885 have Copd. Find out below who they are, when they have Copd and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Copd >>>
Plavix has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Plavix 69,430 users)
Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.(latest reports from Copd 48,476 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 67,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 885 people (1.31%) have Copd.
Time on Plavix when people have Copd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Copd when taking Plavix * :
Severity of Copd when taking Plavix ** :
How people recovered from Copd ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (104 people, 11.75%)
- Pain (82 people, 9.27%)
- Multiple myeloma (65 people, 7.34%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (60 people, 6.78%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (53 people, 5.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (458 people, 51.75%)
- Lasix (248 people, 28.02%)
- Zocor (221 people, 24.97%)
- Lisinopril (215 people, 24.29%)
- Lipitor (188 people, 21.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Copd while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Copd
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Copd
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Plavix, Copd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- Blood thinners before a surgery procedure
Evidently my surgeon did not have me stop Plavix soon enough before surgery. Add to this, the blood thinners he used "during" surgery and three days later a blood vessel lets go inside my nose.
The blood/trip to the E.R/Nasal Packing and then the removal 7 days later were horrific. The nose kept dripping blood for two weeks. Surgeon seemed like he couldn't care less
I know Plavix keeps the heart going but at what price?
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (1 response)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but pain levels come back up.
Currently on 20mg daily. Still have pain in the morning & at night. Am worried about prednisone side effects.
More reviews for: Plavix, Copd
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I quit taking for 2 days and felt somewhat better but was afraid to stay off,I have tried effient but no change in fatigue.This is my second stent but I do not remember this much fatigue from the first one 7 years ago.
- Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- Has surgery to reattach a retina while I was on Plavix Eye is slow to heal and is hemorrhaging Could Plavix be contributing to the problem. Spoke to the Dr. about it, said if he took me off of Plavix I would die of a heart attach, He did not consult a heart specialist in making this decision. Ple ...
- male 89 with atral fibrillation, After years of being on Amioderone, my doctor took me off after complaining of not feeling right with no energy. Seems that medication stopped working. Now on above mentioned medications and feel worse. Up until about 3 years ago, I have not been able to be active l ...
- PT experienced urinary bleeding for several months in 2013 and pelvic pain. Diagnosis with BC was in August, 2013 and resection of visible tumors was performed on periphery of bladder. May, 2014. PT is still on anti-coagulant drug therapy for previous MI which occurred in 2010. No evidence of BC was ...
More related studies for: Plavix, Copd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.