Home > Plavix > Copd > Plavix and Copd
Review: could Plavix cause Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)?
Summary: Copd is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 67,492 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 885 have Copd. Find out below who they are, when they have Copd and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Copd >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,420 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent.
Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) (latest reports from 48,476 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 67,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 885 people (1.31%) have Copd.
Time on Plavix when people have Copd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Copd when taking Plavix * :
Severity of Copd when taking Plavix ** :
How people recovered from Copd ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (104 people, 11.75%)
- Pain (82 people, 9.27%)
- Multiple myeloma (65 people, 7.34%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (60 people, 6.78%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (53 people, 5.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (458 people, 51.75%)
- Lasix (248 people, 28.02%)
- Zocor (221 people, 24.97%)
- Lisinopril (215 people, 24.29%)
- Lipitor (188 people, 21.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Copd while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Copd
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Copd
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Flushed Face, and takes Plavix )
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Had A Stroke Of The Optic Nerve, and takes Plavix)
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Is rasberry ketone safe
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, TIA, and takes Sertraline, Aspirin, Simvastatin)
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
More questions for: Plavix, Copd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Plavix and miscarriage
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Miscarriage, Stent Placement, History Of Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valtrex, Aspirin)
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Insulin-requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, Hypertension, Obesity, and takes Prednisone, Celebrex, Micardis, Spiriva, Moduretic 5-50, Effexor Xr)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Plavix, Copd
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Flonase, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent for a patient with Exposure To Allergen, Postnasal Drip, Muscle Tightness, Sudden & Persistant Cough Spasms When Exposed To Mainly 2nd Hand Smoke. The patient has Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Headache, Rhinitis, Copd, Asthma, Allergic Cough
Comments: Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Detached Retina Repair
Comments: Has surgery to reattach a retina while I was on Plavix Eye is slow to heal and is hemorrhaging Could Plavix be contributing to the problem. Spoke to the Dr. about it, said if he took me off of Plavix I would die of a heart attach, He did not consult a heart specialist in making this decision. Ple ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Plavix, Digoxin, Cardizem for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Carotid Artery Insufficiency, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Cold Weather And Itchy Skin, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Tiredness
Comments: male 89 with atral fibrillation, After years of being on Amioderone, my doctor took me off after complaining of not feeling right with no energy. Seems that medication stopped working. Now on above mentioned medications and feel worse. Up until about 3 years ago, I have not been able to be active l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effient, Plavix for a patient with Acute Myocardial Infarction. The patient has Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ
Comments: PT experienced urinary bleeding for several months in 2013 and pelvic pain. Diagnosis with BC was in August, 2013 and resection of visible tumors was performed on periphery of bladder. May, 2014. PT is still on anti-coagulant drug therapy for previous MI which occurred in 2010. No evidence of BC was ...
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a patient with Stent. The patient has Stool Smear
Comments: I am pretty sure I know what medications caused what symptom.
The form says "it can take up to two minutes to process results." I've been waiting more than ten minutes, and finally came back to this form to see if I resubmitted something might happen.
More related studies for: Plavix, Copd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.