Home > Plavix > Diabetes mellitus > Plavix and Diabetes mellitus
Review: could Plavix cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 67,492 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 845 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,416 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent.
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) (latest reports from 387,499 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 67,485 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 845 people (1.25%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Plavix when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||41.67%||8.33%||29.17%||4.17%||8.33%||8.33%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Plavix * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.13%||3.28%||14.42%||28.31%||53.87% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Plavix ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (119 people, 14.08%)
- Hypertension (92 people, 10.89%)
- Anxiety (63 people, 7.46%)
- Bipolar disorder (54 people, 6.39%)
- Pain (53 people, 6.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (373 people, 44.14%)
- Lipitor (229 people, 27.10%)
- Lasix (216 people, 25.56%)
- Seroquel (195 people, 23.08%)
- Zocor (162 people, 19.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Flushed Face, and takes Plavix )
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Had A Stroke Of The Optic Nerve, and takes Plavix)
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
More questions for: Plavix, Diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Plavix and miscarriage
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Miscarriage, Stent Placement, History Of Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valtrex, Aspirin)
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Diabetes mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a patient with Depression, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ptsd
Comments: I have been diagnosed with Buerger's Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Atenolol, Norvasc for a patient with Heart Disease. The patient has Megakaryocytes Abnormal, Erythropoiesis Abnormal, Md, Red Blood Cell Count
Comments: I currently have been diagnosed with bone marrow suppression or possibly MDS
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Norvasc, Plavix for a patient with Heart Disease. The patient has Coronary Artery Disease
Comments: I have Coronary Heart Disease and currently developed a sever red blood cell count. Thus far, it appears that MDS may be the cause
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Plavix, Carvedilol for a patient with Acid Reflux, Stent, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hyperventilation
Comments: Resperation is at 22-24 during sleep, normal of 12 during the day. I wake up during the night with rapid heartbeat due to the hyperventilation
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen, Clopidogrel, Candesartan Cilexetil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate, Crestor, Lantus Solostar, Plavix, Finasteride, Fish Oil, Vitamin D for a patient with Pain - Bones, Blood Thinner, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes Mellitus, Bph, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Fine until taking acetaminophen and flu and pneumonia shots. Diarrhea by the next morning. going over 25+ time in 12 hours
More related studies for: Plavix, Diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.