Review: could Plavix cause Erectile dysfunction?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 23, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 64,295 people who take Plavix. Among them, 304 have Erectile dysfunction. See who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,319 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent, blood clots. Commonly reported side effects of Plavix include heart attack, weakness, breathing difficulty, chest pain, dyspnoea exacerbated.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 126,631 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Feb, 19, 2014: 64,234 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 313 people (0.49%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Plavix when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||45.45%||15.15%||18.18%||6.06%||9.09%||6.06% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Plavix * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.35%||0.00%||1.05%||17.07%||30.66%||50.87% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||6.25%||31.25%||62.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (69 people, 22.04%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (37 people, 11.82%)
- Multiple myeloma (33 people, 10.54%)
- Hypertension (29 people, 9.27%)
- Depression (19 people, 6.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (130 people, 41.53%)
- Lipitor (113 people, 36.10%)
- Toprol-xl (84 people, 26.84%)
- Zocor (83 people, 26.52%)
- Vioxx (76 people, 24.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Plavix, Erectile dysfunction
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Plavix (clopidogrel bisulfate) is often used for stent. Find out below the conditions Plavix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Plavix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Plavix side effects from A to Z:
Browse Plavix drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
more drugs prescribed 1) asprin 2) concor, 3) glucophage taking all these medicines now for almost 8 months
From this study (1 year ago):
Severe body aches and fatigue - unable to excersize anymore (was running 5 miles, 3-5 times a week).
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Plavix, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Accutane made me impotent
I am a 61 year old male who was prescribed Accutane at the age of 58 by my ophthalmologist to speed in the healing of my retina from a retinal detachment. It did me absolutely no good whatsoever in that regard and actually caused me to have permanent impotence. My problem started at the exact same ...
- Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using olmesartan 20 mg. daily
Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using Olmesartan 20 mg. daily.
Other related / associated conditions : anxiety and work stress
- Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Erectile dysfunction
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage, Plavix for a patient with Stent Occlusion. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Ondansetron Hydrochloride And Sodium Chloride In Plastic Container, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Lipitor, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Plavix for a patient with Blood Pressure Decreased, Stomach Discomfort, Nausea, Heart Disease Congenital, Lower Cholesterol, Chest Pain. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Nateglinide, Aspirin, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Simvastatin, Bystolic, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lantus for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Stent, Hypercholesterolaemia, Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Chest Pain, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
More related studies for: Plavix, Erectile dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.