Home > Plavix > Feeling cold > Plavix and Feeling cold
Review: could Plavix cause Feeling cold?
Summary: Feeling cold is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Stent placement.
We study 67,492 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 178 have Feeling cold. Find out below who they are, when they have Feeling cold and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Feeling cold >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,416 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent.
Feeling cold (latest reports from 51,061 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 67,485 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 178 people (0.26%) have Feeling Cold.
Time on Plavix when people have Feeling cold * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Feeling cold||88.24%||11.76%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Feeling cold when taking Plavix * :
|Feeling cold||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.99%||15.57%||81.44% |
Severity of Feeling cold when taking Plavix ** :
How people recovered from Feeling cold ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Stent placement (30 people, 16.85%)
- Atrial fibrillation (28 people, 15.73%)
- Coronary artery disease (26 people, 14.61%)
- Angina pectoris (25 people, 14.04%)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (24 people, 13.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (118 people, 66.29%)
- Lasix (67 people, 37.64%)
- Coumadin (41 people, 23.03%)
- Coreg (36 people, 20.22%)
- Imdur (35 people, 19.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Feeling Cold while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Feeling Cold
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Feeling Cold
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Flushed Face, and takes Plavix )
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Had A Stroke Of The Optic Nerve, and takes Plavix)
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
- Should a 77 yr old start lipitor? ldl 96, hdl 58, total chol 169
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Blood Clot-artery, and takes Plavix)
My lipid panel is all within recommended levels. The day of my lipid blood draw (5/5) I had a massive heart attack caused by a blood clot in my large artery. I was in surgery within an hour, and my post operation stress test shows no obvious damage to the heart. I read that statins result in a 3.2% ...
More questions for: Plavix, Feeling cold
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Plavix and miscarriage
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Miscarriage, Stent Placement, History Of Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valtrex, Aspirin)
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Feeling cold
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Omega-3 Oil, Cranberry Fruit, Biotin, Multivitamin, Baby Aspirin, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix, Lopressor, Multaq for a patient with Wine And Heart Health, Keep Urinary Tract Healthy, Hair Loss, In Case Of Difiencies, Help Thin Blood For Stent, Lower Cholesterol, Blood Thinner, Acquired Pyloric Stenosis, Birth Control. The patient has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia
Comments: Had chest discomfort. Found blockage and performed a stent procedure. Put on Plavix 75mg once a day, lopressor 12 1/2mg twice a day, Lipitor 80mg once a day. Developed flutter first night in hospital. Meds brought heartrate back to normal. Two weeks later had to have an ablation to stop flutter. Two ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Premarin, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a patient with High Blood Sugar, Hysterectomy, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Dizziness, Feeling Cold, Shaking Palsy, Muscle Weakness
Comments: After my mother died, i gain 54 pounds in 1 year - at that point my fasting blood sugar was 6.8. I have lost 49 pounds and have changed my diet and activity level.
My fasting blood sugar was 6.1 2 months ago. In the past 8 months, my symptoms have not gone away and I have been advised that my sodiu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Coreg, Aspirin, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Sr, Celexa, Lasix, Plavix, Lantus, Humalog, Norco, Lipitor for a patient with Coronary Artery Disease, Hypertension, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes Mellitus, Pain Management, Cholesterol Test. The patient has Chest Pain, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Vision Blurred, Sinusitis, Heart Rate Irregular, Restless Leg Syndrome, Muscle Fatigue
Comments: 44 y/o female, type 1 diabetes 38 years, 2 heart attacks, 4 stents, congestive heart failure, renal failure. Was put on statin drugs approx. 6 years ago after first MI. Didn't feel good, felt better after I quit taking them. In January, had another MI, with stent intervention. Approximately 8 we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin Hydrochloride, Welchol, Glipizide for a patient with Stent Placement, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Angioedema
Comments: I worke up one morning and was iching after being on Plvix for 2 weeks. I call the perscribing doctor's office and they said they didn't think the Plavix was the cause. I tried to explain that was one of the side affects. My idea was written off. After2 days it stopped. One week later I woke up afte ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Zantac 150, Plavix, Bayer Extra Strength Aspirin For Migraine Pain, Simvastatin, Fish Oil, Carvedilol, Aciphex, Fenofibrate, Doxazosin Mesylate, Zetia, Testosterone Cypionate for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Heart Attack, Blood Thinner, Total Cholesterol/hdl Ratio, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn, Enlarged Prostate, Cholesterol, Testosterone. The patient has Priapism
Comments: I have trouble with erections that will not go away nightly. If I wake up and stand up it will go away most of the time, but if I sleep through it, the longer I wait the more difficult it is to get it to go away. I have had to have it drained in the hospital twice. Once was about 1 and 1/2 years ...
More related studies for: Plavix, Feeling cold
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.