Review: could Plavix cause Flatulence?
Summary: Flatulence is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Quit smoking.
We study 67,527 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 324 have Flatulence. Find out below who they are, when they have Flatulence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plavix and have Flatulence >>>
Plavix has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 69,456 Plavix users)
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) has been reported by people with quit smoking, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression. (latest reports from 21,628 Flatulence patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 67,523 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 324 people (0.48%) have Flatulence.
Time on Plavix when people have Flatulence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Flatulence when taking Plavix * :
Severity of Flatulence when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Flatulence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (44 people, 13.58%)
- Myocardial infarction (44 people, 13.58%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (42 people, 12.96%)
- Blood cholesterol (35 people, 10.80%)
- Depression (35 people, 10.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (104 people, 32.10%)
- Lipitor (86 people, 26.54%)
- Lasix (73 people, 22.53%)
- Lisinopril (62 people, 19.14%)
- Chantix (48 people, 14.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plavix and flatulence on
Do you have Flatulence while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Flatulence
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Flatulence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 59-year old woman with Antiphospholipid Syndrome. The patient has Visual Disturbance
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 52-year old man with Surgical Vascular Shunt. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind), Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Lisinopril, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman with Arterial Stenosis, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Renal Failure, Pulse Pressure Decreased
Recent Plavix related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.