Review: could Plavix cause Gas - belching (Belching)?
Summary: Gas - belching is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 67,533 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 133 have Gas - belching. Find out below who they are, when they have Gas - belching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plavix and have Gas - belching >>>
Plavix has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent. (latest outcomes from 69,462 Plavix users)
Gas - belching
Gas - belching (act of expelling air from the stomach through the mouth) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 5,912 Gas - belching patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 67,527 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 133 people (0.20%) have Gas - Belching.
Time on Plavix when people have Gas - belching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gas - belching||0.00%||8.33%||8.33%||8.33%||33.33%||33.33%||8.33% |
Age of people who have Gas - belching when taking Plavix * :
|Gas - belching||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.67%||22.39%||61.94% |
Severity of Gas - belching when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Gas - belching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Gas - belching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Gas - belching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (19 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 12.78%)
- Pain (15 people, 11.28%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (14 people, 10.53%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (10 people, 7.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (52 people, 39.10%)
- Lipitor (35 people, 26.32%)
- Toprol-xl (30 people, 22.56%)
- Lisinopril (26 people, 19.55%)
- Prilosec (23 people, 17.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plavix and gas - belching on
Do you have Gas - Belching while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Gas - Belching
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Gas - Belching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 51-year old woman with COPD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Stroke/periphial Artery Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Progesterone, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol, Plavix for a 64-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal, Heart Mri. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 61-year old woman with Heart Attack. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Diarrhea, Confusional State
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vascepa, Plavix, Tamsulosin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan, Dexilant, Crestor, Bystolic for a 61-year old man with Blood Clots, High Blood Cholesterol, Urine Output Decreased, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Blindness
Recent Plavix related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.