Review: could Plavix cause Gas - belching (Belching)?
Summary: Gas - belching is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 67,504 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 133 have Gas - belching. Find out below who they are, when they have Gas - belching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Gas - belching >>>
Plavix has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Plavix 69,430 users)
Gas - belching
Gas - belching (act of expelling air from the stomach through the mouth) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Gas - belching 5,903 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 67,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 133 people (0.20%) have Gas - Belching.
Time on Plavix when people have Gas - belching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gas - belching||0.00%||8.33%||8.33%||8.33%||33.33%||33.33%||8.33% |
Age of people who have Gas - belching when taking Plavix * :
|Gas - belching||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.67%||22.39%||61.94% |
Severity of Gas - belching when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Gas - belching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Gas - belching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Gas - belching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (19 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 12.78%)
- Pain (15 people, 11.28%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (14 people, 10.53%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (10 people, 7.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (52 people, 39.10%)
- Lipitor (35 people, 26.32%)
- Toprol-xl (30 people, 22.56%)
- Lisinopril (26 people, 19.55%)
- Prilosec (23 people, 17.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gas - Belching while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Gas - Belching
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Gas - Belching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could have birth control pills caused a lacunar infraction?
i had a ct scan done 2 months ago and it showed up with chronic lacunar infractions. I was very surprised the day before i was having a hard time getting some words out, but it has cleared up completely. I had ekg, holter montire and the echogram that puts a camera down your throat and all came back fine.
After hearing about the strokes i stopped taking the birth control pills completely. I did develop high blood pressure when i was pregnant with my duaghter 6 years ago and have been on medication for it since. I was n hte birth control pills for close to 15 years
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appreciated.
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix (1 answer)
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
More questions for: Plavix, Gas - belching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Blood thinners before a surgery procedure
Evidently my surgeon did not have me stop Plavix soon enough before surgery. Add to this, the blood thinners he used "during" surgery and three days later a blood vessel lets go inside my nose.
The blood/trip to the E.R/Nasal Packing and then the removal 7 days later were horrific. The nose kept dripping blood for two weeks. Surgeon seemed like he couldn't care less
I know Plavix keeps the heart going but at what price?
- Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Gas - belching
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I quit taking for 2 days and felt somewhat better but was afraid to stay off,I have tried effient but no change in fatigue.This is my second stent but I do not remember this much fatigue from the first one 7 years ago.
- I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- Has surgery to reattach a retina while I was on Plavix Eye is slow to heal and is hemorrhaging Could Plavix be contributing to the problem. Spoke to the Dr. about it, said if he took me off of Plavix I would die of a heart attach, He did not consult a heart specialist in making this decision. Ple ...
- male 89 with atral fibrillation, After years of being on Amioderone, my doctor took me off after complaining of not feeling right with no energy. Seems that medication stopped working. Now on above mentioned medications and feel worse. Up until about 3 years ago, I have not been able to be active l ...
More related studies for: Plavix, Gas - belching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.