Review: could Plavix cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 67,533 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,118 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plavix and have Headache >>>
Plavix has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent. (latest outcomes from 69,462 Plavix users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 67,527 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 2,256 people (3.34%) have Headache.
Time on Plavix when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Plavix * :
Severity of Headache when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (246 people, 10.90%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (136 people, 6.03%)
- Pain (135 people, 5.98%)
- Osteoporosis (111 people, 4.92%)
- Stent placement (105 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (943 people, 41.80%)
- Lipitor (487 people, 21.59%)
- Toprol-xl (303 people, 13.43%)
- Zocor (294 people, 13.03%)
- Lisinopril (279 people, 12.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of plavix and headache on
Do you have Headache while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Headache
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 35-year old woman with Vertigo. The patient has Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 51-year old woman with COPD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Stroke/periphial Artery Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Progesterone, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol, Plavix for a 64-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal, Heart Mri. The patient has Skin Rash
Recent Plavix related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.