Home > Plavix > High blood sugar > Plavix and High blood sugar
Review: could Plavix cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 67,492 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 396 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have High blood sugar >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,416 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 144,585 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 67,485 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 396 people (0.59%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Plavix when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||60.87%||13.04%||0.00%||0.00%||21.74%||4.35%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Plavix * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.92%||9.34%||23.80%||62.95% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||16.67%||50.00%||16.67%||16.67% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (48 people, 12.12%)
- Hypertension (33 people, 8.33%)
- Depression (32 people, 8.08%)
- Diabetes mellitus (30 people, 7.58%)
- Pain (27 people, 6.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (171 people, 43.18%)
- Lantus (108 people, 27.27%)
- Lipitor (88 people, 22.22%)
- Lasix (83 people, 20.96%)
- Zocor (73 people, 18.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Flushed Face, and takes Plavix )
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Had A Stroke Of The Optic Nerve, and takes Plavix)
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
More questions for: Plavix, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Plavix and miscarriage
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Miscarriage, Stent Placement, History Of Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valtrex, Aspirin)
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, High blood sugar
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone W/ Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hair Loss In Women. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, NovoRapid for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Comments: My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
- A study of side effects of Macrodantin for a patient with UTI. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: Due to lack of appetite, and not following the directions, I didn't eat once starting Macrodantin. Due to nausea, I will change that.
Beginning blood sugar 88
After two doses 151
After two additional doses 170
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Detached Retina Repair
Comments: Has surgery to reattach a retina while I was on Plavix Eye is slow to heal and is hemorrhaging Could Plavix be contributing to the problem. Spoke to the Dr. about it, said if he took me off of Plavix I would die of a heart attach, He did not consult a heart specialist in making this decision. Ple ...
More related studies for: Plavix, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.