Review: could Plavix cause Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 64,295 people who take Plavix. Among them, 4,359 have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness. See who they are, when they have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,319 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent, blood clots. Commonly reported side effects of Plavix include heart attack, weakness, breathing difficulty, chest pain, dyspnoea exacerbated.
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness (latest reports from 1,302,679 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 64,295 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 4,359 people (6.78%) have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness.
Time on Plavix when people have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||31.88%||21.62%||10.04%||13.10%||14.85%||6.55%||1.97% |
Age of people who have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Plavix * :
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||0.02%||0.02%||0.02%||0.21%||0.93%||4.77%||16.43%||77.58% |
Severity of Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||3.70%||55.56%||37.04%||3.70% |
How people recovered from Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||0.00%||11.11%||88.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (482 people, 11.06%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (312 people, 7.16%)
- Pain (297 people, 6.81%)
- Osteoporosis (252 people, 5.78%)
- Stent placement (208 people, 4.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (2,183 people, 50.08%)
- Lipitor (956 people, 21.93%)
- Lasix (813 people, 18.65%)
- Zocor (595 people, 13.65%)
- Lisinopril (587 people, 13.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Plavix, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Plavix (clopidogrel bisulfate) is often used for stent. Find out below the conditions Plavix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Plavix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Stent (195 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Blood Clots (17 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Heart Attack (249 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Stroke (428 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Coronary Heart Disease (305 reports)
Browse Plavix side effects from A to Z:
Browse Plavix drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
Items in section 3 are currently under evaluation. Most began to emerge, subtly, approximately 11 years ago and have intensified over the past 2-3 years. Myelomalacia involving a 9.5-cm segment of the posterior column of the spinal cord was demonstrated on MRI 2 weeks ago.
From this study (1 year ago):
Severe body aches and fatigue - unable to excersize anymore (was running 5 miles, 3-5 times a week).
From this study (1 year ago):
44 y/o female, type 1 diabetes 38 years, 2 heart attacks, 4 stents, congestive heart failure, renal failure. Was put on statin drugs approx. 6 years ago after first MI. Didn't feel good, felt better after I quit taking them. In January, had another MI, with stent intervention. Approximately 8 weeks later, began feeling worse again, went back to doctor. Had another angio, was told my heart was fine. Quit taking statin and pain went away almost immediately. In July, another small MI, with stent intervention and put back on statin. Immediately began having severe neck and back pain with no injury, trouble sleeping, troubling dreams, extreme fatigue. Almost 6 weeks to the day, began having moderate chest pain and returned to ER, had another angio which showed all coronary open and clear, no reason for chest and back pain.
gil on Sep, 6, 2012:
Hello. My wife seems to have the same medical issues you've had. May I know what medicines you are taking now?
Brenda on Oct, 8, 2012:
Hi - currently taking: Lantus and Humalog insulin, Coreg, Hydralazine, Wellbutrin, Celexa, Plavix, Aspirin, Ferrous Sulfate (iron). On occasion I take Lasix for fluid retention and with that I take potassium. I have recently been prescribed Ranexa by my nephrologist, but am not sure I want to take it. Supposedly it is to be taken in conjunction with the hydrazine. Since I quit taking the Statins (cholesterol meds), I feel sooooo much better. Also, I take Norco for overall pain, mostly from neuropathy in my legs.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can be xarelto and clopidogrel be taken together??
my client is taking clopidogrel, aspirin in the morning and the doctor said that she can have her Xarelto back. My client wants to take xarelto in the morning with clopidogrel and aspirin.. is this ok or is this too much dangerous??? i need an answer.. thank you so much
- Do you know medications for chronic fatigue syndrome
Acromegaly since 2008, hypothyroidism since 45 years old, high cholesterol in blood, sadness because of my son diseases (venous thrombosis at 15, chron's disease at 16, ADHD since 4 years old, now he is 29 and does not work or study).
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine?
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
More questions for: Plavix, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bladder infection while on mestinon
Had gradual lest side weakness. Everyday living is difficult. I was referred to cleveland clinic. Dr there has had me go through several tests. My tilt table test showed increase of heart rate and blood pressure. So he suspects I have POTS Postier orthostatic tachecardia syndrome. Still more t ...
- Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Restoril, Colchicine, Alprazolam, Lipitor, Testosterone Cypionate, Cytomel, Synthroid, Provigil, Celebrex, Plaquenil, Symbicort, Flonase, Combivent, Metformin, Furosemide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Oxycodone, Lovenox, Plavix, Coumadin, Humira for a patient with Hypovitaminosis, Middle Insomnia, Gout - Acute, Stress And Anxiety, Hypercholesterolemia, Blood Testosterone Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Somnolence, Pain Management, Lupus-like Syndrome, Asthma, Nasal Decongestion Therapy, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Kidney Disease, Essential Hypertension, Breakthrough Pain, Hypercoagulable States, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Myelomalacia, Sensory Disturbance, Hyperacusis, Tinnitus, Vision Impairment (Vision problems), Speech Impairment (adult), Muscle Twitching, Depression, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Gait Abnormal, Tremor, Hyporeflexia, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Nateglinide, Aspirin, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Simvastatin, Bystolic, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lantus for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Stent, Hypercholesterolaemia, Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Chest Pain, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
- A study of drug interactions between Coreg, Aspirin, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Sr, Celexa, Lasix, Plavix, Lantus, Humalog, Norco, Lipitor for a patient with Coronary Artery Disease, Hypertension, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes Mellitus, Pain Management, Cholesterol Test. The patient has Chest Pain, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Vision Blurred, Sinusitis, Heart Rate Irregular, Restless Leg Syndrome, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness)
More related studies for: Plavix, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.