Home > Plavix > Lumbar spinal stenosis > Plavix and Lumbar spinal stenosis
Review: could Plavix cause Lumbar spinal stenosis?
Summary: Lumbar spinal stenosis is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 67,492 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 104 have Lumbar spinal stenosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Lumbar spinal stenosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Lumbar spinal stenosis >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,420 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent.
Lumbar spinal stenosis
Lumbar spinal stenosis (a medical condition in which the spinal canal narrows and compresses the spinal cord and nerves at the level of the lumbar bone) (latest reports from 3,173 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 67,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 104 people (0.15%) have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis.
Time on Plavix when people have Lumbar spinal stenosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lumbar spinal stenosis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Lumbar spinal stenosis when taking Plavix * :
|Lumbar spinal stenosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.27%||7.59%||91.14% |
Severity of Lumbar spinal stenosis when taking Plavix ** :
How people recovered from Lumbar spinal stenosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (23 people, 22.12%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 15.38%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 12.50%)
- Cardiac failure (12 people, 11.54%)
- Pain (12 people, 11.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (60 people, 57.69%)
- Zometa (47 people, 45.19%)
- Zocor (39 people, 37.50%)
- Nitroglycerin (38 people, 36.54%)
- Furosemide (32 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Flushed Face, and takes Plavix )
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Had A Stroke Of The Optic Nerve, and takes Plavix)
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
- Should a 77 yr old start lipitor? ldl 96, hdl 58, total chol 169
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Blood Clot-artery, and takes Plavix)
My lipid panel is all within recommended levels. The day of my lipid blood draw (5/5) I had a massive heart attack caused by a blood clot in my large artery. I was in surgery within an hour, and my post operation stress test shows no obvious damage to the heart. I read that statins result in a 3.2% ...
More questions for: Plavix, Lumbar spinal stenosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Plavix and miscarriage
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Miscarriage, Stent Placement, History Of Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valtrex, Aspirin)
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Lumbar spinal stenosis
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Detached Retina Repair
Comments: Has surgery to reattach a retina while I was on Plavix Eye is slow to heal and is hemorrhaging Could Plavix be contributing to the problem. Spoke to the Dr. about it, said if he took me off of Plavix I would die of a heart attach, He did not consult a heart specialist in making this decision. Ple ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Plavix, Digoxin, Cardizem for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Carotid Artery Insufficiency, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Cold Weather And Itchy Skin, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Tiredness
Comments: male 89 with atral fibrillation, After years of being on Amioderone, my doctor took me off after complaining of not feeling right with no energy. Seems that medication stopped working. Now on above mentioned medications and feel worse. Up until about 3 years ago, I have not been able to be active l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effient, Plavix for a patient with Acute Myocardial Infarction. The patient has Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ
Comments: PT experienced urinary bleeding for several months in 2013 and pelvic pain. Diagnosis with BC was in August, 2013 and resection of visible tumors was performed on periphery of bladder. May, 2014. PT is still on anti-coagulant drug therapy for previous MI which occurred in 2010. No evidence of BC was ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lortab, Neurontin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Mobic for a patient with Back Pain - Low, Lumbar Back Pain, Leg Pain/ache, Back Pain, Inflammation. The patient has Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Bone Pain, Leg Pain, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Urinary Hesitation
Comments: I've been to 1 orthopedic surgeon who wanted to do surgery and replace a disc in my lower back with a plastic spacer. After insurance wouldn't pay for out of network, I got dropped as patient and was left without the pain meds I was taking for 4 months ( Percocet 10mg/MorphineER15mg) and my pain wen ...
More related studies for: Plavix, Lumbar spinal stenosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.