Review: could Plavix cause Metallic taste (Taste - impaired)?
Summary: Metallic taste is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 67,527 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 351 have Metallic taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Metallic taste and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Plavix and have Metallic taste >>>
Plavix has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 69,456 Plavix users)
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 24,312 Metallic taste patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 67,527 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 351 people (0.52%) have Metallic Taste.
Time on Plavix when people have Metallic taste * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Metallic taste||24.00%||24.00%||20.00%||8.00%||8.00%||0.00%||16.00% |
Age of people who have Metallic taste when taking Plavix * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.31%||4.36%||24.92%||70.40% |
Severity of Metallic taste when taking Plavix ** :
How people recovered from Metallic taste ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (43 people, 12.25%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (36 people, 10.26%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (32 people, 9.12%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 8.83%)
- Multiple myeloma (25 people, 7.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (132 people, 37.61%)
- Lipitor (69 people, 19.66%)
- Lasix (56 people, 15.95%)
- Simvastatin (51 people, 14.53%)
- Coumadin (47 people, 13.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Metallic Taste while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Metallic Taste
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol for a 22-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 52-year old man with Surgical Vascular Shunt. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind), Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 27-year old woman with Folliculitis. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Recent Plavix related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.