Home > Plavix > Renal failure > Plavix and Renal failure
Review: could Plavix cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Hypertension.
We study 67,492 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,967 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Renal failure >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,416 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 434,588 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 67,485 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 2,131 people (3.16%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Plavix when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||51.12%||13.00%||5.83%||8.52%||15.25%||4.93%||1.35% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Plavix * :
|Renal failure||0.05%||0.00%||0.00%||0.15%||1.40%||4.67%||18.06%||75.66% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (231 people, 10.84%)
- Diabetes mellitus (91 people, 4.27%)
- Pain (85 people, 3.99%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (55 people, 2.58%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (51 people, 2.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (784 people, 36.79%)
- Aspirin (742 people, 34.82%)
- Trasylol (643 people, 30.17%)
- Heparin (513 people, 24.07%)
- Nitroglycerin (467 people, 21.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Flushed Face, and takes Plavix )
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Had A Stroke Of The Optic Nerve, and takes Plavix)
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
More questions for: Plavix, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Plavix and miscarriage
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Miscarriage, Stent Placement, History Of Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valtrex, Aspirin)
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Renal failure
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a patient with Depression, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ptsd
Comments: I have been diagnosed with Buerger's Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Atenolol, Norvasc for a patient with Heart Disease. The patient has Megakaryocytes Abnormal, Erythropoiesis Abnormal, Md, Red Blood Cell Count
Comments: I currently have been diagnosed with bone marrow suppression or possibly MDS
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Norvasc, Plavix for a patient with Heart Disease. The patient has Coronary Artery Disease
Comments: I have Coronary Heart Disease and currently developed a sever red blood cell count. Thus far, it appears that MDS may be the cause
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Plavix, Carvedilol for a patient with Acid Reflux, Stent, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hyperventilation
Comments: Resperation is at 22-24 during sleep, normal of 12 during the day. I wake up during the night with rapid heartbeat due to the hyperventilation
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen, Clopidogrel, Candesartan Cilexetil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate, Crestor, Lantus Solostar, Plavix, Finasteride, Fish Oil, Vitamin D for a patient with Pain - Bones, Blood Thinner, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes Mellitus, Bph, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Fine until taking acetaminophen and flu and pneumonia shots. Diarrhea by the next morning. going over 25+ time in 12 hours
More related studies for: Plavix, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.