Home > Plavix > Renal failure > Plavix and Renal failure
Review: could Plavix cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Hypertension.
We study 67,492 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,967 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Renal failure >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,420 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 72,089 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Nov, 29, 2014: 67,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 2,131 people (3.16%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Plavix when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||51.12%||13.00%||5.83%||8.52%||15.25%||4.93%||1.35% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Plavix * :
|Renal failure||0.05%||0.00%||0.00%||0.15%||1.40%||4.67%||18.06%||75.66% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (231 people, 10.84%)
- Diabetes mellitus (91 people, 4.27%)
- Pain (85 people, 3.99%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (55 people, 2.58%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (51 people, 2.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (784 people, 36.79%)
- Aspirin (742 people, 34.82%)
- Trasylol (643 people, 30.17%)
- Heparin (513 people, 24.07%)
- Nitroglycerin (467 people, 21.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix (1 answer)
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Flushed Face, and takes Plavix )
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Had A Stroke Of The Optic Nerve, and takes Plavix)
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
More questions for: Plavix, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Plavix and miscarriage
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Miscarriage, Stent Placement, History Of Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valtrex, Aspirin)
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Renal failure
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Detached Retina Repair
Comments: Has surgery to reattach a retina while I was on Plavix Eye is slow to heal and is hemorrhaging Could Plavix be contributing to the problem. Spoke to the Dr. about it, said if he took me off of Plavix I would die of a heart attach, He did not consult a heart specialist in making this decision. Ple ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Plavix, Digoxin, Cardizem for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Carotid Artery Insufficiency, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Cold Weather And Itchy Skin, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Tiredness
Comments: male 89 with atral fibrillation, After years of being on Amioderone, my doctor took me off after complaining of not feeling right with no energy. Seems that medication stopped working. Now on above mentioned medications and feel worse. Up until about 3 years ago, I have not been able to be active l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effient, Plavix for a patient with Acute Myocardial Infarction. The patient has Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ
Comments: PT experienced urinary bleeding for several months in 2013 and pelvic pain. Diagnosis with BC was in August, 2013 and resection of visible tumors was performed on periphery of bladder. May, 2014. PT is still on anti-coagulant drug therapy for previous MI which occurred in 2010. No evidence of BC was ...
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a patient with Stent. The patient has Stool Smear
Comments: I am pretty sure I know what medications caused what symptom.
The form says "it can take up to two minutes to process results." I've been waiting more than ten minutes, and finally came back to this form to see if I resubmitted something might happen.
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Simvastatin, Tamsulosin, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Clopidogrel Bisulfate for a patient with Anti Depressant, Not Enough Vitamin D, General Physical Health Deterioration, Lower Cholesterol, Urine Flow Decreased, Ulcer - Stomach, High Blood Pressure, Stroke Symptom. The patient has Head Ct, Headache, Weakness ,fatigue, Light Headedness
Comments: has had these symptoms for about a month. Changed from lisinopril to amlodipine besylate 10 days ago. No longer taking simvastatin. Changed to Pepcid 2-3 days ago from pantoprazole. Only on citalopram for 2 weeks
More related studies for: Plavix, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.