Home > Plavix > Renal failure chronic > Plavix and Renal failure chronic
Review: could Plavix cause Renal failure chronic?
Summary: Renal failure chronic is found among people who take Plavix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 67,492 people who have side effects while taking Plavix from FDA and social media. Among them, 635 have Renal failure chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plavix and have Renal failure chronic >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,420 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent.
Renal failure chronic
Renal failure chronic (long lasting kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 19,693 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 67,485 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 635 people (0.94%) have Renal Failure Chronic.
Time on Plavix when people have Renal failure chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure chronic||25.93%||3.70%||40.74%||7.41%||18.52%||0.00%||3.70% |
Age of people who have Renal failure chronic when taking Plavix * :
|Renal failure chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.21%||6.55%||21.38%||70.86% |
Severity of Renal failure chronic when taking Plavix ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure chronic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (74 people, 11.65%)
- Pain (62 people, 9.76%)
- Cardiac disorder (53 people, 8.35%)
- Hypertension (50 people, 7.87%)
- Diabetes mellitus (42 people, 6.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (358 people, 56.38%)
- Lasix (195 people, 30.71%)
- Coreg (167 people, 26.30%)
- Nitroglycerin (162 people, 25.51%)
- Zocor (135 people, 21.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure Chronic while taking Plavix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Plavix and have Renal Failure Chronic
- support group for people who take Plavix
- support group for people who have Renal Failure Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Flushed Face, and takes Plavix )
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- Can you drink coconut oil while on plavix
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Had A Stroke Of The Optic Nerve, and takes Plavix)
wondering if it is a good thing to take coconut oil when on plavix also can you take aloe vera juice when taking plavix?
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
- Should a 77 yr old start lipitor? ldl 96, hdl 58, total chol 169
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Blood Clot-artery, and takes Plavix)
My lipid panel is all within recommended levels. The day of my lipid blood draw (5/5) I had a massive heart attack caused by a blood clot in my large artery. I was in surgery within an hour, and my post operation stress test shows no obvious damage to the heart. I read that statins result in a 3.2% ...
More questions for: Plavix, Renal failure chronic
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Plavix and miscarriage
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Miscarriage, Stent Placement, History Of Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valtrex, Aspirin)
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Plavix, Renal failure chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Vancocin Hydrochloride In Plastic Container, Vancomycin Hcl for a patient with Respiratory Distress. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Renal Failure Chronic, Renal Vein Thrombosis, Respiratory Distress
Comments: Patient was given medication for over two months; then passed away due to respiratory distress, renal failure, and other complications. Showed signs of allergic reaction but physicians did not stop treatment.
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Detached Retina Repair
Comments: Has surgery to reattach a retina while I was on Plavix Eye is slow to heal and is hemorrhaging Could Plavix be contributing to the problem. Spoke to the Dr. about it, said if he took me off of Plavix I would die of a heart attach, He did not consult a heart specialist in making this decision. Ple ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Plavix, Digoxin, Cardizem for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Carotid Artery Insufficiency, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Cold Weather And Itchy Skin, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Tiredness
Comments: male 89 with atral fibrillation, After years of being on Amioderone, my doctor took me off after complaining of not feeling right with no energy. Seems that medication stopped working. Now on above mentioned medications and feel worse. Up until about 3 years ago, I have not been able to be active l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effient, Plavix for a patient with Acute Myocardial Infarction. The patient has Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ
Comments: PT experienced urinary bleeding for several months in 2013 and pelvic pain. Diagnosis with BC was in August, 2013 and resection of visible tumors was performed on periphery of bladder. May, 2014. PT is still on anti-coagulant drug therapy for previous MI which occurred in 2010. No evidence of BC was ...
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a patient with Stent. The patient has Stool Smear
Comments: I am pretty sure I know what medications caused what symptom.
The form says "it can take up to two minutes to process results." I've been waiting more than ten minutes, and finally came back to this form to see if I resubmitted something might happen.
More related studies for: Plavix, Renal failure chronic
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.