Review: could Plavix cause Shortness of breath?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 64,295 people who take Plavix. Among them, 4,021 have Shortness of breath. See who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,319 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent, blood clots. Commonly reported side effects of Plavix include heart attack, weakness, breathing difficulty, chest pain, dyspnoea exacerbated.
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath (latest reports from 1,306,749 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 64,295 people reported to have side effects when taking Plavix. Among them, 4,021 people (6.25%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Plavix when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||27.65%||15.25%||9.56%||13.18%||23.51%||9.04%||1.81% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Plavix * :
|Shortness of breath||0.03%||0.03%||0.00%||0.16%||1.68%||5.98%||19.64%||72.49% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Plavix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||12.50%||41.67%||41.67%||4.17% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||14.29%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (509 people, 12.66%)
- Pain (297 people, 7.39%)
- Stent placement (208 people, 5.17%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (203 people, 5.05%)
- Diabetes mellitus (198 people, 4.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (2,014 people, 50.09%)
- Lasix (867 people, 21.56%)
- Lipitor (864 people, 21.49%)
- Lisinopril (637 people, 15.84%)
- Zocor (570 people, 14.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Debra Price Young (2 years ago):
I went off of Plavix for 5-6 days for dental work, and a few days when funds were short and couldnt afford it. I just started taking it again a couple of days ago. I seem to be having quite a bit of shorntess of breath yesterday and today..though much worse today...could this be a side effect of getting back on the plavix?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Plavix, Shortness of breath
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Plavix (clopidogrel bisulfate) is often used for stent. Find out below the conditions Plavix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Plavix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Plavix side effects from A to Z:
Browse Plavix drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
no energy, shortness of breath, copd mildest form, no other illness, besides the heart attack on 5/28/13.
From this study (5 months ago):
Had 1 stent 6 months ago and 2 bypass CABAG 5 months ago, finished cardio rehab. Still very fatigued and short of breath. Can't seem to finish any task, before my heart attack I worked 12-16 hours a day, now I can't even work an hour.
From this study (1 year ago):
Had pneumonia mid-December 2012. Severe Shortness of breath upon exertion continues.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Plavix, Shortness of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Plavix, Shortness of breath
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Tramadol, Baby Aspirin, Plavix, Lipitor, Prinivil, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Pain, Arthritis, Heart Attack, Coronary Arterial Stent Insertion, Diet - Cholesterol. The patient has Atrophy Of The Muscles (Muscle atrophy), Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome)
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Advair Diskus 500/50, Singulair, Cymbalta, Risperidone, Duoneb, Combivent, Pantoprazole, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Calcium for a patient with Cerebral Aneurysm, Asthma, Ptsd, Gerd, Vitamin Supplementation, Mineral Supplementation. The patient has Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty)
- A study of drug interactions between Imdur, Plavix, Cardizem, Nitroglycerin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Flomax, Xanax, Ambien, Prozac, Oxycontin, Flexeril, Levaquin, Nitrofurantoin, Zetia, Aleve, Excedrin, Tylenol, Aspirin for a patient with Heart Attacks And Jaw Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Angina Unstable, Hypothyroidism, Residual Urine Volume, Anxiety, Insomnia, Depressed Mood, Pain - Back, Back Injury, Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Back Pain, Migraine, Headache - Tension, Blood Thinner. The patient has Vertigo (Dizziness), Rapid Heart Rate, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Nausea, Chest Pain
More related studies for: Plavix, Shortness of breath
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.