Home > Potassium chloride > Atrial fibrillation > Potassium chloride and Atrial fibrillation
Review: could Potassium chloride cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 923 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Potassium chloride (latest outcomes from 1,198 users) has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia.
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 84,600 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 923 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 20 people (2.17%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Atrial fibrillation||45.00%||55.00% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||5.26%||89.47% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (3 people, 15.00%)
- Iron overload (3 people, 15.00%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 15.00%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (3 people, 15.00%)
- Back pain (2 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 30.00%)
- Furosemide (6 people, 30.00%)
- Coumadin (6 people, 30.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 25.00%)
- Potassium chloride 10meq (4 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Will marijuana trigger my afib
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter)
When I smoke pot will this aggravate my afib? This occurred last night after smoking a one hitter a couple of times and lasted 4-5 hours.
More questions for: Potassium chloride, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has A-fib)
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Potassium chloride, Atrial fibrillation
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Poison Tobacco, Cannabis for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Atrial fibrillation trigger by panic attack recently after smoking a medium-moderate amount of cannabis mixed with tobacco
No A-fib after use has been discontinued
No panic attacks after use discontinued
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Vyvanse for a patient with Depression - Adolescents, Adhd. The patient has Sinus Tachycardia, Atrial Fibrillation Aggravated
Comments: Resting heart rate is virtually always over 100. Exercise bike machine put my heart rate up to 204. My heart rate started at 160. I have a bit of abdominal obesity. I don't exercise. My heart rate never goes past 130 when I'm not doing physical activity.
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Furosemide, Klor-con M10, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Maxalt-mlt for a patient with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Tremor - Essential, Atypical Tn, Tn, On, & Gpn (neuralgias), Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Hemorrhoids, Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Welts
Comments: Severe pain and feeling of bruising for two weeks and counting after intercourse. Feeling bruised to the touch throughout entire perineum area. Muscle pain. Hurts to sit, walk, lay on back, etc. Neuralgia type pains in perineum area.
More related studies for: Potassium chloride, Atrial fibrillation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Marijuana
- Nasal Congestion and Bipolar Disorder
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Fluvoxamine Maleate
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (20 hours ago)
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection?
Answer: I seem to have exact the same simptoms as Klaus, I started ... (24 hours ago)
- Does benadryl work for pet dander?
Answer: In my experience, if a person takes Benadryl regularly the ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (11 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (19 hours ago)
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (1 day ago)