Review: could Potassium chloride cause Chills?
Summary: Chills is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Hydrochlorothiazide, and have Pain.
We study 937 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Chills. Find out below who they are, when they have Chills and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Chills >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from 1,212 Potassium chloride users)
Chills (felling of cold) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 45,597 Chills patients)
On Feb, 23, 2015: 937 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 14 people (1.49%) have Chills.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Chills * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Chills when taking Potassium chloride * :
Age of people who have Chills when taking Potassium chloride * :
Severity of Chills when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Chills ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (2 people, 14.29%)
- Immunodeficiency (2 people, 14.29%)
- Prostate cancer metastatic (2 people, 14.29%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 7.14%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 21.43%)
- Lasix (3 people, 21.43%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 21.43%)
- Fentanyl (3 people, 21.43%)
- Diltiazem (3 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of potassium chloride and chills on
Do you have Chills while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Chills
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Chills
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Klor-con M10, Lasix, Inderide-80/25, Colcrys, Uloric for a 71-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Gouty Arthritis - Chronic. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Flatulence, Wheezing, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Spiriva, Nexium, Crestor, Aspirin for a 56-year old woman with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Copd, Gerd, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Heart Disease - Aging. The patient has Chills, Constipation, Stomach Pain, Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Klor-con, Celebrex, Imdur, Furosemide, Simvastatin, Famotidine, Cardizem Cd, Diovan for a 64-year old woman with Heart Rate Increased, Heart Disease, Joint Pain. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Joint Pain
Recent Potassium chloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Klor-con for a 52-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of , , Tizanidine Hydrochloride, for a 66-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Potassium Chloride, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Crestor for a 73-year old woman who has Hyperlipidemia
- Comparions of Potassium Chloride, Lisinopril for a 38-year old man who has HTN
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.