Review: could Potassium chloride cause Chills?
Summary: Chills is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Hydrochlorothiazide, and have Pain.
We study 925 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Chills. Find out below who they are, when they have Chills and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Chills >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from Potassium chloride 1,200 users)
Chills (felling of cold) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Chills 45,468 patients)
On Dec, 9, 2014: 925 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 14 people (1.51%) have Chills.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Chills * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Chills when taking Potassium chloride * :
Age of people who have Chills when taking Potassium chloride * :
Severity of Chills when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Chills ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (2 people, 14.29%)
- Immunodeficiency (2 people, 14.29%)
- Prostate cancer metastatic (2 people, 14.29%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 7.14%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 21.43%)
- Lasix (3 people, 21.43%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 21.43%)
- Fentanyl (3 people, 21.43%)
- Diltiazem (3 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chills while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Chills
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Chills
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- What diet should i follow to maintain or better my health?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has ADD, Depression, Mitral Valve / Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation, Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Klor-con, Alprazolam, Azilect, Mirapex ER)
Mirapex 1.5 and Mirapex .75 every morning
Azilect 1 mg at bedtime
Alprazolam .5mg as needed for anxiety
Klor Con for leg cramps
- Is coughing and gagging associated with hiatal hernia
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Excessive Coughing And Gagging, Diarrhoea Infectious, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin, Sertraline, Potassium Chloride, Acidophilus, Alprazolam)
Coughing, gagging and extreme diarrhea have been evident since the introduction of warfarin/coumadin. Could these symptoms be caused by this bolld thinner?
- Please tell me the name of any adjunct medicine (powerful) in addition to pyridostigmine for myasthenia gravis ?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome, and takes Pyridostigmine Bromide, Potassium Chloride)
I am unmarried woman aged 33 years. I am suffering from congenital myasthenic syndrome or CMS and taking treatment from NIMHANS, Bangalore.
My symptoms of congenital myasthenic syndrome are as fallows:-
1. Drooping of both eyelids. no movement of both the eyeballs.
2. No Respiratory problem, can ...
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
More questions for: Potassium chloride, Chills
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure disorder med problems
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Flaxseed Oil, Daily Vitamin, Dry Heaves, Dizziness, Nausea, Chills, Sinus Headache, Nightmares - Repeated, and takes Ginger, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Topiramate, Lamotrigine)
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Chills while on tizanidine
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Chills, and takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
Extremely sensitive to cold and have chills several times a day
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Simple Partial Seizures, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Chills, and takes Celexa)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
More reviews for: Potassium chloride, Chills
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Chills (felling of cold), Neutrophil Count Decreased (less than normal number of neutrophil a type of blood cell), Platelet Aggregation Decreased, White Blood Cell Analysis Decreased, Rash (redness), Pain Exacerbated, Fever
Comments: Fever over 102, chills, horrible pain began on day 5 taking medication. Red blotchy rash began appearing late following day on chest and back and gradually spread. Blood blister-type rash on legs. Went to ER after 4 days. Told I have sulfa allergy. Given iV fluid and meds. Need follow up blood test ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Furosemide, Klor-con M10, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Maxalt-mlt for a patient with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Tremor - Essential, Atypical Tn, Tn, On, & Gpn (neuralgias), Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Hemorrhoids, Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Welts
Comments: Severe pain and feeling of bruising for two weeks and counting after intercourse. Feeling bruised to the touch throughout entire perineum area. Muscle pain. Hurts to sit, walk, lay on back, etc. Neuralgia type pains in perineum area.
More related studies for: Potassium chloride, Chills
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.