Review: could Potassium chloride cause Completed suicide?
Summary: Completed suicide is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Gabapentin, and have Sepsis.
We study 925 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Completed suicide. Find out below who they are, when they have Completed suicide and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Completed suicide >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from Potassium chloride 1,200 users)
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, ill-defined disorder, pain, quit smoking.(latest reports from Completed suicide 36,355 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 923 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 18 people (1.95%) have Completed Suicide.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Completed suicide * :
Gender of people who have Completed suicide when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Completed suicide||13.33%||86.67% |
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Completed suicide||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||13.33%||66.67%||13.33% |
Severity of Completed suicide when taking Potassium chloride ** :
How people recovered from Completed suicide ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sepsis (1 people, 5.56%)
- Suicidal ideation (1 people, 5.56%)
- Diabetic ketoacidosis (1 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (7 people, 38.89%)
- Trazodone hcl (7 people, 38.89%)
- Alprazolam (7 people, 38.89%)
- Metformin hcl (7 people, 38.89%)
- Fluoxetine hcl (7 people, 38.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Completed Suicide while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Completed Suicide
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Completed Suicide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that her blood pressure was too low for them to give her lasix but for the past 3 hrs her readings are 114/55. Im just so torn knowing that she has her own meds of lasix at home that i can bring to her. Can someone out there please help? So thankful to have a forum like this to express our concerns knowing they would be helped.
- What diet should i follow to maintain or better my health?
Mirapex 1.5 and Mirapex .75 every morning
Azilect 1 mg at bedtime
Alprazolam .5mg as needed for anxiety
Klor Con for leg cramps
- Is coughing and gagging associated with hiatal hernia
Coughing, gagging and extreme diarrhea have been evident since the introduction of warfarin/coumadin. Could these symptoms be caused by this bolld thinner?
- Please tell me the name of any adjunct medicine (powerful) in addition to pyridostigmine for myasthenia gravis ?
I am unmarried woman aged 33 years. I am suffering from congenital myasthenic syndrome or CMS and taking treatment from NIMHANS, Bangalore.
My symptoms of congenital myasthenic syndrome are as fallows:-
1. Drooping of both eyelids. no movement of both the eyeballs.
2. No Respiratory problem, can breath easily.
3. Little bit of swallowing and chewing problem.
4. weakness in whole body
5. No Double vision.
6. Can see clearly.
No one in my family has CMS or myasthenia gravis or no history in my family had CMS or myasthenia gravis.
Now, I am taking Pyridostigmine bromide 60mg daily 5 tabs.
From 2002, I was taking Corticosteriods 30mg daily for about 3-4 yrs. With Doctor’s advice, from 2005, I tapperdown Corticosteriods and with God’s Grace, now I completely stopped taking Corticosteriods.
Three years back,for some days, I took Cellcept tabs and now, I stopped it completely. At present, in addition to Pyridostigmine bromide tablets, I will take Meganeuron OD Plus and Antoxyl Forte and Potklor syrup and Gravitor SR tabs. This four medicines I will take (as and when required) whenever I go outside or when there is more work or when there is more weakness.
We are non-resident of Bangalore. Suddenly, my sister's marriage has been fixed and there is no time to go to Bangalore and consult NIMHANS and also ask for any more powerful adjunct medicine (powerful medicine/general medicine) other than the above four mentioned by me. I don't have any other diseases other than myasthenia gravis.
Please tell me the name of any adjunct medicine (powerful medicine/general medicine) other than the above four mentioned by me,so that I will be very grateful to you.
Waiting for your early reply
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one year so I offered to do there (the pain clinic) plan with a happy heart just after my liver stuff was done. So I went to LA only to find that the liver lab spent just 2 minutes with me to tell me that since I'VE have to wait a new liver drug to be approved I must do the pain clinic. So in six weeks I went from 200mg (5x4 per day) of methidone to 40mg (1 tab x 4 per day), and in just one week it was Oxycodone 40mg x 4 per day to 0. And all of this isij happening my liver gets more serroscised.
More questions for: Potassium chloride, Completed suicide
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardio version caused fingernail abnormalities
Right hip fracture. When prepping for surgery AFIB was found. Surgery was cancelled and they attempted to get AFIB under control. Finally, cardioversion was performed. When my nails started to grow out they all had two horizontal lines that cause the nail to break when it grows out to that point.
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career (lab director, Senior Microbiologist) since 1975.
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could not bathe myself, drive, my speech was broken, I could not add two plus two. I was not the woman I was before Gemzar treatment.Now I am unable to work, I am unable to live on my own, I must always be in the company of another person. I have lost my home and car and job due to this condition. I am currently in speech therapy and soon will start occupational therapy (which is VERY costly) This month marks the one year anniversary of this condition for me. I am making progress. I am able to bathe myself, I can do a little cooking, (although the first time I tried I caught the kitchen on fire a little), I am still living with my Mother , as she is my care taker, my nurse, my driver, my chef, my house cleaner. I currently receive disability. My student loans have gone into default. I could go on but I am depressing myself. I am, followed by my Oncologist every two months now.I want to share this information to anyone and everyone who can benefit from this information.
Thank you, Chelette Williams, BA,MBA.
More reviews for: Potassium chloride, Completed suicide
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- Feeling depressed, Started 10MG Prozac September 7, 2007. Tylenol overdose September 12, 2007. Restarted 10MG Prozac September 15, 2007. Committed Suicide by hanging September 26, 2007. 17 years old
- I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- Severe pain and feeling of bruising for two weeks and counting after intercourse. Feeling bruised to the touch throughout entire perineum area. Muscle pain. Hurts to sit, walk, lay on back, etc. Neuralgia type pains in perineum area.
- I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
More related studies for: Potassium chloride, Completed suicide
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.