Home > Potassium chloride > Constipation > Potassium chloride and Constipation
Review: could Potassium chloride cause Constipation?
We study 923 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Constipation >>>
Potassium chloride (latest outcomes from 1,197 users) has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 920 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 9 people (0.98%) have Constipation.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Potassium chloride * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Potassium chloride * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 33.33%)
- Potassium - low (2 people, 22.22%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (3 people, 33.33%)
- Folic acid (3 people, 33.33%)
- Actonel (2 people, 22.22%)
- Premarin (2 people, 22.22%)
- Synthroid (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Potassium Chloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 mph, six miles, five days per week), and have been doing this for three years since the CHF diagnosis. I have no other symptoms from the CHF (NYHA class one). I am scheduled for an EKG tomorrow to find out if normal sinus rhythm has been restored.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Potassium chloride, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Potassium chloride, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Potassium Chloride (potassium chloride) is often used for hypokalemia. Find out below the conditions Potassium Chloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Potassium Chloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Lian Zi Xin
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy
- Prostatitis Chronic
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome