Review: could Potassium chloride cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Letairis, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension.
We study 939 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Death >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from 1,214 Potassium chloride users)
Death has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple myeloma, dialysis, diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 183,872 Death patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 939 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 25 people (2.66%) have Death.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Potassium chloride * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Potassium chloride * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (9 people, 36.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 8.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 8.00%)
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 4.00%)
- Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (1 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Letairis (9 people, 36.00%)
- Lasix (6 people, 24.00%)
- Coumadin (6 people, 24.00%)
- Digoxin (5 people, 20.00%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of potassium chloride and death on
Do you have Death while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Death
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 53-year old man with None, Blood Triglycerides, Acid Reflux, Major Depression. The patient has Death
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Zofran for a 28-year old woman with Nausea. The patient has Postpartum Haemorrhage (bleeding in woman after she has given birth), Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (deterioration in cardiac function presenting typically between the last month of pregnancy and up to five months postpartum), Death Of Parent, Placental Abruption (placenta separates from the wall of the uterus prior to the birth of the baby)
- A study of drug interactions between Klor-con M10, Lasix, Inderide-80/25, Colcrys, Uloric for a 71-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Gouty Arthritis - Chronic. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Flatulence, Wheezing, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Klor-con, Celebrex, Imdur, Furosemide, Simvastatin, Famotidine, Cardizem Cd, Diovan for a 64-year old woman with Heart Rate Increased, Heart Disease, Joint Pain. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Joint Pain
Recent Potassium chloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Klor-con for a 52-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of , , Tizanidine Hydrochloride, for a 66-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Potassium Chloride, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Crestor for a 73-year old woman who has Hyperlipidemia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.