Review: could Potassium chloride cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Cryptococcosis.
We study 939 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from 1,214 Potassium chloride users)
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Irregular heartbeat patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 937 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 15 people (1.60%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Irregular heartbeat||76.47%||23.53% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||6.67%||26.67%||13.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cryptococcosis (3 people, 20.00%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 13.33%)
- Contraception (2 people, 13.33%)
- Osteomas (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (4 people, 26.67%)
- Itraconazole (3 people, 20.00%)
- Isotonic solutions (3 people, 20.00%)
- Prednisolone (3 people, 20.00%)
- Oncovin (3 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Irregular heartbeat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a 57-year old man with Gout. The patient has Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 23-year old woman with Panic Disorder. The patient has Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Pentasa for a 36-year old woman with Croup. The patient has Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Gabapentin for a 26-year old man with Initial Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Chest Pain, Confusion, Fear, Irritability, Mood Swings, Paranoia, Electric Shock
Recent Potassium chloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Klor-con for a 52-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of , , Tizanidine Hydrochloride, for a 66-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Potassium Chloride, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Crestor for a 73-year old woman who has Hyperlipidemia
- Comparions of Potassium Chloride, Lisinopril for a 38-year old man who has HTN
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.