Review: could Potassium chloride cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Cryptococcosis.
We study 942 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from 1,216 Potassium chloride users)
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Irregular heartbeat patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 942 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 15 people (1.59%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Irregular heartbeat||76.47%||23.53% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||6.67%||26.67%||13.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cryptococcosis (3 people, 20.00%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 13.33%)
- Contraception (2 people, 13.33%)
- Osteomas (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (4 people, 26.67%)
- Itraconazole (3 people, 20.00%)
- Isotonic solutions (3 people, 20.00%)
- Prednisolone (3 people, 20.00%)
- Oncovin (3 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Irregular Heartbeat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a 21-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
Recent Potassium chloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Klor-con for a 52-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of , , Tizanidine Hydrochloride, for a 66-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Potassium Chloride, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Crestor for a 73-year old woman who has Hyperlipidemia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.