Review: could Potassium chloride cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Cryptococcosis.
We study 925 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from Potassium chloride 1,200 users)
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.(latest reports from Irregular heartbeat 51,983 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 923 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 15 people (1.63%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Irregular heartbeat||76.47%||23.53% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||6.67%||26.67%||13.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cryptococcosis (3 people, 20.00%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 13.33%)
- Contraception (2 people, 13.33%)
- Osteomas (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (4 people, 26.67%)
- Itraconazole (3 people, 20.00%)
- Isotonic solutions (3 people, 20.00%)
- Prednisolone (3 people, 20.00%)
- Oncovin (3 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Irregular Heartbeat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but ...
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day ...
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- Does it produce vitamin k
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Sintrom, Irregular Heartbeat)
he had stroke 5 years ago, he is taking sintrom, irregular heart beat
- Does bystolic cause loss of balance
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Heart Palpitations)
bystolic causes dizzines, no balance, weak legs, fulllness in ears,heart pounding
More questions for: Potassium chloride, Irregular heartbeat
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Fenofibrate allergy and gall bladder problems
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Allergic Sinusitis, Heart Palpitations, Gallbladder Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
Took fenofibrate for about 9 months to treat high cholesterol, it lowered total from 250 down to 175 along with lowered triglycerides and LDL. After 6 months started having allergy and cold flu symptoms along with heart palpitations. Allergies caused sore throat, fluid behind ear,and sinus congest ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Heart pounding on zoloft (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Zoloft)
Have been on Zoloft for 3 weeks and have heart pounding once a week for a few hours which unable me to sleep
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
More reviews for: Potassium chloride, Irregular heartbeat
- A study of side effects of Ramipril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Comments: I have been having these palpitations for this phase since August 2014 although I have had them before, whilst on Ramipril. Had an ECG and other than I have been diagnosed with ectopic heartbeats the heart looks healthy enough, yet I am getting severe palpitations daily, to the point they do put me ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Buspirone Hydrochloride for a patient with Meniere's Disease, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Palpitations
Comments: Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of side effects of Paxil Cr for a patient with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Comments: In the process of weaning off seroxat. went from 6mg to 0mg and went cold turkey. then back on 12mg and getting palpitation and insomnia for 1 week. Is the palpitation a withdrawal symptom or condition? When I was on 6mg I was fine with no palpitation or anxiety attack.
- A study of drug interactions between Pentazocine Injection, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Losartan, Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Motor Dysfunction, Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Heart Block Congenital, Anxiety Disorder, Thyroid Mass, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain In Right Arm, Pain Exacerbated, Nausea, Hypothyroidic Goitre, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Decreased Appetite, Blood Test Abnormal, Heartbeat Sensations, Low Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness, Back Pain - Low, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Potassium chloride, Irregular heartbeat
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.