Home > Potassium chloride > Muscle spasms > Potassium chloride and Muscle spasms
Review: could Potassium chloride cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Coumadin, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 923 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Muscle spasms >>>
Potassium chloride (latest outcomes from 1,197 users) has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia.
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) (latest reports from 350,406 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 923 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 7 people (0.76%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Muscle spasms||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (1 people, 14.29%)
- Dyspnoea (1 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 14.29%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (1 people, 14.29%)
- Breast cancer stage ii (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (2 people, 28.57%)
- Celexa (2 people, 28.57%)
- Calcium (2 people, 28.57%)
- Lanoxin (2 people, 28.57%)
- Lasix (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- What diet should i follow to maintain or better my health?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has ADD, Depression, Mitral Valve / Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation, Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Klor-con, Alprazolam, Azilect, Mirapex ER)
Mirapex 1.5 and Mirapex .75 every morning
Azilect 1 mg at bedtime
Alprazolam .5mg as needed for anxiety
Klor Con for leg cramps
- Is coughing and gagging associated with hiatal hernia
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Excessive Coughing And Gagging, Diarrhoea Infectious, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin, Sertraline, Potassium Chloride, Acidophilus, Alprazolam)
Coughing, gagging and extreme diarrhea have been evident since the introduction of warfarin/coumadin. Could these symptoms be caused by this bolld thinner?
- Please tell me the name of any adjunct medicine (powerful) in addition to pyridostigmine for myasthenia gravis ?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome, and takes Pyridostigmine Bromide, Potassium Chloride)
I am unmarried woman aged 33 years. I am suffering from congenital myasthenic syndrome or CMS and taking treatment from NIMHANS, Bangalore.
My symptoms of congenital myasthenic syndrome are as fallows:-
1. Drooping of both eyelids. no movement of both the eyeballs.
2. No Respiratory problem, can ...
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
More questions for: Potassium chloride, Muscle spasms
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
More reviews for: Potassium chloride, Muscle spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr, Trileptal, Pantoprazole for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Vision Blurred, Muscle Spasms, Hair Loss
Comments: I have been experiencing hair loss in clumps while running fingers through my hair and i have blurred vision. The hair loss is recent..within the last week..the newest medicine is the pantoprazole
- A study of drug interactions between Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Baby Aspirin, Multivitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Klor-con M20, Prevacid, Cardizem, Ativan for a patient with Birth Control, Heart Mri, Body Lice, Skin - Dry, B12, Common Cold, Aches And Pains In Bones, Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints, Fluid Retention, Potassium - Low, Acid Reflux, Beta Blockers Overdose, Spasm Of The Esophagus. The patient has
Comments: Liver Panel Blood Work High
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamins, Melatonin, LASIx, Singulair, Allegra, Lipitor, Concerta, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Lantus for a patient with Edema, Arthritis, General Health, Sleepy, Asthma, Allergies, Hyperhomocysteinaemia, Add, Dm. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Comments: 12 hrs after lantus, bs is going up. Also noted increased overall bs as lantus dose increased
More related studies for: Potassium chloride, Muscle spasms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.