Review: could Potassium chloride cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Altace, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 942 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Ringing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Ringing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Ringing in the ears >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from 1,216 Potassium chloride users)
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,019 Ringing in the ears patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 942 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 6 people (0.64%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Ringing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Ringing in the ears||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Severity of Ringing in the ears when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ringing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (1 people, 16.67%)
- Renal cancer (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Altace (3 people, 50.00%)
- Zyloprim (2 people, 33.33%)
- Theochron (2 people, 33.33%)
- Monopril (2 people, 33.33%)
- Lasix (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of potassium chloride and ringing in the ears on
Do you have Ringing In The Ears while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Ringing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 43-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of side effects of Lotrel for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Depersonalisation, Dizziness, Tinnitus
Recent Potassium chloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Klor-con for a 52-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of , , Tizanidine Hydrochloride, for a 66-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Potassium Chloride, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Crestor for a 73-year old woman who has Hyperlipidemia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.