Review: could Potassium chloride cause Shock treatment (Electroconvulsive therapy)?
Summary: Shock treatment is reported only by a few people who take Potassium chloride.
We study 942 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Shock treatment. Find out below who they are, when they have Shock treatment and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Shock treatment >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from 1,216 Potassium chloride users)
Shock treatment has been reported by people with depression, ill-defined disorder, major depression, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia. (latest reports from 12,548 Shock treatment patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 942 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 2 people (0.21%) have Shock Treatment.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Shock treatment * :
Gender of people who have Shock treatment when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Shock treatment||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Shock treatment when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Shock treatment||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Shock treatment when taking Potassium chloride ** :
How people recovered from Shock treatment ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Guillain-barre syndrome (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ipratropium bromide (1 people, 50.00%)
- Iron sucrose (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hydromorphone hydrochloride (1 people, 50.00%)
- Heparin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lactulose (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shock Treatment while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Shock Treatment
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Atelvia, Remicade, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Synthroid, Escitalopram, Meclizine, Potassium Chloride, Sulfadiazine, Folic Acid, Omeprazole, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Osteonecrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hot Flashes, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Low Thyroid, Anxiety, Vertigo. The patient has Hair Loss, Tmj Disorders, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Losartan, Ultram, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Neurontin, Humalog, Metformin, Bydureon, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Diffenceincy, Supplement, Gerd, Hypertension, Pain, Neuropathy, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
Recent Potassium chloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Klor-con for a 52-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of , , Tizanidine Hydrochloride, for a 66-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Potassium Chloride, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Crestor for a 73-year old woman who has Hyperlipidemia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.