Home > Potassium chloride > Uti > Potassium chloride and Uti
Review: could Potassium chloride cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Furosemide, and have Hypertension.
We study 923 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Uti >>>
Potassium chloride (latest outcomes from 1,198 users) has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 64,558 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 923 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 17 people (1.84%) have Uti.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Potassium chloride * :
Age of people who have Uti when taking Potassium chloride * :
Severity of Uti when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Uti ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 29.41%)
- Pain (3 people, 17.65%)
- Lupus nephritis (3 people, 17.65%)
- Atrial fibrillation (3 people, 17.65%)
- Mental disorder (2 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (7 people, 41.18%)
- Lasix (4 people, 23.53%)
- Oxycodone (4 people, 23.53%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 23.53%)
- Dexamethasone (4 people, 23.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Uti while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Uti
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Uti
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- Warfarin and urinary infections
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- What diet should i follow to maintain or better my health?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has ADD, Depression, Mitral Valve / Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation, Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Klor-con, Alprazolam, Azilect, Mirapex ER)
Mirapex 1.5 and Mirapex .75 every morning
Azilect 1 mg at bedtime
Alprazolam .5mg as needed for anxiety
Klor Con for leg cramps
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Is coughing and gagging associated with hiatal hernia
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Excessive Coughing And Gagging, Diarrhoea Infectious, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin, Sertraline, Potassium Chloride, Acidophilus, Alprazolam)
Coughing, gagging and extreme diarrhea have been evident since the introduction of warfarin/coumadin. Could these symptoms be caused by this bolld thinner?
More questions for: Potassium chloride, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
More reviews for: Potassium chloride, Uti
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Furosemide, Klor-con M10, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Maxalt-mlt for a patient with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Tremor - Essential, Atypical Tn, Tn, On, & Gpn (neuralgias), Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Hemorrhoids, Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Welts
Comments: Severe pain and feeling of bruising for two weeks and counting after intercourse. Feeling bruised to the touch throughout entire perineum area. Muscle pain. Hurts to sit, walk, lay on back, etc. Neuralgia type pains in perineum area.
- A study of drug interactions between Arixtra, Vagifem, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Spironolactone, Rapamune, Tacrolimus, Sodium Pentobarbital, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Lorazepam, Furosemide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Cozaar, Vitamin B12, Buspar, ASA for a patient with Blood Disorder, Vaginal Disorder, Low Level Of Vitamin D, Depression, Renal Failure - Chronic, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Seizure - Grand Mal, Cardiac Flutter, Hypokalaemia, Gerd, Post-traumatic Syndrome, Renal Failure Chronic/ Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypertension, Pre-existing Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Stent. The patient has
Comments: I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
More related studies for: Potassium chloride, Uti
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.