Review: could Potassium chloride cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 939 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Vertigo >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from 1,214 Potassium chloride users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 164,856 Vertigo patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 939 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 36 people (3.83%) have Vertigo.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Potassium chloride * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Potassium chloride * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 13.89%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 11.11%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (4 people, 11.11%)
- Blood pressure - high (4 people, 11.11%)
- Potassium - low (3 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (9 people, 25.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 19.44%)
- Lipitor (7 people, 19.44%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 19.44%)
- Coumadin (6 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of potassium chloride and vertigo on
Do you have Vertigo while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a 22-year old man with Viral Infection. The patient has Vertigo
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a 28-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Vaginal Pain, Vertigo, Swollen Lymph Nodes (swelling of lymph nodes), Pelvic Discomfort, Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding, Vaginal Discharge, Cervical Dysplasia (abnormal changes in the cells on the surface of the cervix)
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Meloxicam, Gabapentin for a 68-year old man with Joint Pain, Tendon Pain. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Provigil for a 44-year old woman with Narcolepsy. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
Recent Potassium chloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Klor-con for a 52-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of , , Tizanidine Hydrochloride, for a 66-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Potassium Chloride, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Crestor for a 73-year old woman who has Hyperlipidemia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.