Review: could Potassium chloride cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Potassium chloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Hypertension.
We study 925 people who have side effects while taking Potassium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Vision blurred >>>
Potassium chloride has active ingredients of potassium chloride. It is often used in hypokalemia. (latest outcomes from Potassium chloride 1,200 users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Vision blurred 48,523 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 923 people reported to have side effects when taking Potassium chloride. Among them, 7 people (0.76%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Potassium chloride when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Vision blurred||42.86%||57.14% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Potassium chloride * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||28.57%||57.14% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Potassium chloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 42.86%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 28.57%)
- Panic attack (1 people, 14.29%)
- Gerd (1 people, 14.29%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allopurinol (3 people, 42.86%)
- Furosemide (2 people, 28.57%)
- Spiriva (2 people, 28.57%)
- Coumadin (2 people, 28.57%)
- Vitamin d (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Potassium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Potassium chloride
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- What diet should i follow to maintain or better my health?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has ADD, Depression, Mitral Valve / Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation, Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Klor-con, Alprazolam, Azilect, Mirapex ER)
Mirapex 1.5 and Mirapex .75 every morning
Azilect 1 mg at bedtime
Alprazolam .5mg as needed for anxiety
Klor Con for leg cramps
- Is coughing and gagging associated with hiatal hernia
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Excessive Coughing And Gagging, Diarrhoea Infectious, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin, Sertraline, Potassium Chloride, Acidophilus, Alprazolam)
Coughing, gagging and extreme diarrhea have been evident since the introduction of warfarin/coumadin. Could these symptoms be caused by this bolld thinner?
- Please tell me the name of any adjunct medicine (powerful) in addition to pyridostigmine for myasthenia gravis ?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome, and takes Pyridostigmine Bromide, Potassium Chloride)
I am unmarried woman aged 33 years. I am suffering from congenital myasthenic syndrome or CMS and taking treatment from NIMHANS, Bangalore.
My symptoms of congenital myasthenic syndrome are as fallows:-
1. Drooping of both eyelids. no movement of both the eyeballs.
2. No Respiratory problem, can ...
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
More questions for: Potassium chloride, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Blurred vision after ipratropium bromide
(Posted by a 79 year old woman who has Vision Blurred, and takes Ipratropium Bromide)
blurred vision after one day use I take only herbal supplements none known for invasive reactions
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
More reviews for: Potassium chloride, Vision blurred
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of side effects of Ortho-novum 1/35-21 for a patient with Infertility Female. The patient has Vision Blurred, Pain - Joints, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: Ortho-Novum is being taken to suppress ovulation in preparation for IVF. After 7 consecutive weeks, joint swelling and pain is substantial as are enlarged breasts and breast pain. x1 blurred vision lasting approx 45 minutes followed by severe migraine 4 weeks in. x1 pain from shoulder through hand l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Parafon Forte Dsc, Skelaxin, Cialis for a patient with Pain - Back, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Vision Blurred
Comments: These three drugs have been discontinued abruptly I am experiencing blurred vision and moderate headaches. Could these be the cause. MRI and CT Scan of brain are normal and opthamologist can find nothing wrong.
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
More related studies for: Potassium chloride, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.