Pradaxa and Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged - from FDA reports
Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged with Pradaxa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 54,695 people who have side effects when taking Pradaxa from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
54,695 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa.
Among them, 446 people (0.82%) have Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Pradaxa when people have Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged *:
- < 1 month: 40.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 48.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.89 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged when taking Pradaxa *:
- female: 52.81 %
- male: 47.19 %
Age of people who have Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged when taking Pradaxa *:
- 0-1: 0.29 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.59 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.88 %
- 50-59: 2.94 %
- 60+: 95.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (257 people, 57.62%)
- High Blood Pressure (29 people, 6.50%)
- Stroke (21 people, 4.71%)
- Diabetes (14 people, 3.14%)
- Cardiac Failure (13 people, 2.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (32 people, 7.17%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 6.73%)
- Aldactone (23 people, 5.16%)
- Furosemide (21 people, 4.71%)
- Digoxin (20 people, 4.48%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased (171 people, 38.34%)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (42 people, 9.42%)
- Anaemia (30 people, 6.73%)
- Haemorrhage (27 people, 6.05%)
- Blood Creatinine Increased (27 people, 6.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged when taking Pradaxa?
- Check symptoms - is activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Pradaxa 55,373 users)
Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged
Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, sepsis, deep venous thrombosis, preventive health care (latest reports from 7,029 Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged patients).
Browse all side effects of Pradaxaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Activated partial thromboplastin time prolongedActivated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
Could your condition cause Activated partial thromboplastin time prolongedActivated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter and Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
- High blood pressure and Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
- Stroke and Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
- Diabetes and Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
- Cardiac failure and Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Am a 74 year old man and have been taking Pradaxa for 5 months. Am experiencing severe stomach/ intestinal spasms from time to time, especially after meals. Sudden unexpected sounds can also set them off. There is very little pain involved, just involuntary spams. Very annoying as they are ...
Been on Pradaxa for 6 weeks, but about 2 weeks ago started to get small short burst headaches or head pain. The pain lasts 2-3 seconds and then gone. At first I didn't think much but after 2 weeks its annoying and hope it isn't anything worse. Went to the doc and they said to monitor it but they ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I started pradaxa in April - 150 mg 2x a day. Was only on it for about a month and had some rectal bleeding for no apparent reason. Doctor lowered dose to 75 mg. Looking for advice from anyone that's been on this drug. I've had what they are calling 3 "events" that deal with blood clots ...
i take magnsium and pradaxa for blood clots and was told by a friend that if i take magnesium alone that it oyld dissolve and prvent any blood clots from forming how true is this as i hate this pradaxa
Surprised to just find out today that having taken Prodaxa for a numbe of years my platelet count has continued to decrease. I am concerned about the MDS that is associated with the symptoms. Any suggestions appreciated
Hi folks! I'm new to this group and to Pradaxa. This drug is making me totally non-functional. I am so tired and weak, I can only stay in my house in my recliner and watch tv. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.
Hi, Thank you, I have been taking dabigatron (Pradaxa) since February 2017 prior to Cryoablation therapy and have been told I will have to continue taking it. The therapy was successful, but I now have the problem of being 65+ and with Rheumatoid Arthritis and gaining weight..I follow a good ...