Review: could Pradaxa cause Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged?
Summary: Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 27,028 people who have side effects while taking Pradaxa from FDA and social media. Among them, 278 have Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged. Find out below who they are, when they have Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged >>>
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Pradaxa 27,257 users)
Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged has been reported by people with sepsis, high blood pressure, deep venous thrombosis, thrombosis, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.(latest reports from Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged 6,031 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 27,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 278 people (1.03%) have Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged||38.06%||57.46%||1.49%||2.99%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged when taking Pradaxa * :
|Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged||53.56%||46.44% |
Age of people who have Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged when taking Pradaxa * :
|Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.45%||0.89%||98.66% |
Severity of Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged when taking Pradaxa ** :
How people recovered from Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (170 people, 61.15%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 4.32%)
- Cardiac failure (11 people, 3.96%)
- Asthma (9 people, 3.24%)
- Diabetes mellitus (8 people, 2.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (25 people, 8.99%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 8.63%)
- Lansoprazole (21 people, 7.55%)
- Aldactone (21 people, 7.55%)
- Digoxin (19 people, 6.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged while taking Pradaxa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged
- support group for people who take Pradaxa
- support group for people who have Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Pradaxa, Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morning, would have had an episode at all? I wonder if there isn't a connection, one that I might be able to control to some extent. This is worth trying!
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
More reviews for: Pradaxa, Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- i am still taking pradaxa. i didnt experience any real hair loss until just recently. i have been taking pradaxa since May.i have two visably balding spots in the front and my usually thick hair is starting to feel thinner.
- My Dad was on allpurinol for gout for years. He was put on Pradaxa 2-5 years ago.
He has had excruciating swelling and inflammation in feet. It starts about 6 p.m. at night. It affects his sleep. Doctors have given him hydrocodone for the pain.
I believe it is gout. He stopped taking it about ...
- My husband Brian developed Pancreatic Cancer after being on Pradaxa for two years for Atrial Fibrillation.
He had to have the classic Whipple surgery to remove most of his pancreas, all of his gall bladder, duodenum and the pyloric valve of his stomach. He now faces weeks of chemotherapy.
More related studies for: Pradaxa, Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.